Stuck/Repeating Keystroke

I've got a problem where some random event causes an effect similar to a key be stuck in position. It isn't anything that is a game hotkey, all that happens is whatever I've got highlighted in the menu screens flashes constantly (at extremely high speed, as opposed to the standard slow flash) and whenever I access a console I get a significant amount of lag as the whatever button is stuck is trying to shift the position of the upper window. I've got no special mouse or keyboard configuration, and I've checked that my drivers are up to date. I've had this problem (or something like it) in a few other games, and merely pressing the stuck key seems to resolve the issue. However, I can't find what the stuck key is in this case, as I've tried everything without success.

Sounds to me like a hardware error. Have you tried switching your keyboard? If you try that and the problem persists, it could be a hardware problem within the pc itself, I fear. But it sounds far more likely to me that the keyboard is faulty and notes a particular key being pressed constantly or often. Fortunately keyboards are easy - even if you don't have an old one handy, they're fairly cheap depending on quality.

Sounds to me like a hardware error. Have you tried switching your keyboard? If you try that and the problem persists, it could be a hardware problem within the pc itself, I fear. But it sounds far more likely to me that the keyboard is faulty and notes a particular key being pressed constantly or often. Fortunately keyboards are easy - even if you don't have an old one handy, they're fairly cheap depending on quality.

Not the problem. Already tried a different keyboard/mouse (should have mentioned that).

*exhales* It would help if you stated your specs on your computer. To do this Click Start>Run>dxdiag>wait for the green bar to load> and it will list all of your information on your PC... save this to your desktop for easy use.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

I notice that USB keyboards tend to do this pretty regularly. You might try unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in. Not exactly a high tech solution, but an idea.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.