Jagged Alliance 2

Humodour

Wasn't someone making a JA3 some time?

With me loving the XCOM right now, some JA2 might be good times too haha. Is there a Steam version? I suspect I'll not be able to find my disc around here

They have made like 2 3D Jagged Alliances already, but they are not the "true" sequels(one is called Hired Guns: Jagged Edge). The "true" Jagged Alliance 3 is still in the making IIRC. You can get Jagged Alliance 2 from Good Old Games

Edited by Purkake

Wasn't someone making a JA3 some time?

lol. Remember XCOM Interceptor? Except worse.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Strategy First is now in a lawsuit with the second developer they hired to make JA3. They already canned the deal with the Hired Guns teams because they weren't happy with the quality. It's a shame, because they had some of the Silent Storm folks and I believe they were using the SS engine. A Silent Storm version of Jagged Alliance could be a fairly solid game, but it looks like it's in limbo for the foreseeable future.

Strategy First wants to make use of their Jagged Alliance property, but they are cheap and keep trying to hire Eastern European development houses to make it. Maybe someone will come along and buy it from SF, but with the genre pretty much dead I don't think we will see a quality attempt anytime soon.

Strategy First is now in a lawsuit with the second developer they hired to make JA3. They already canned the deal with the Hired Guns teams because they weren't happy with the quality. It's a shame, because they had some of the Silent Storm folks and I believe they were using the SS engine. A Silent Storm version of Jagged Alliance could be a fairly solid game, but it looks like it's in limbo for the foreseeable future.

Strategy First wants to make use of their Jagged Alliance property, but they are cheap and keep trying to hire Eastern European development houses to make it. Maybe someone will come along and buy it from SF, but with the genre pretty much dead I don't think we will see a quality attempt anytime soon.

Yeah Silent Storm was awesome right up to the point where the mechs came in and screwed everything up :sorcerer: That destructible terrain was so sweet.

At least Strategy First had the balls to can the bad versions and not whore the Jagged Alliance name out to make a few lousy bucks. *coughActivisioncough*

Strategy First wants to make use of their Jagged Alliance property, but they are cheap and keep trying to hire Eastern European development houses to make it.

Gives one all sorts of confidence in the finished product, doesn't it? lol.

They should just hire Linda and Ian Currie to make the game. Although they would probably want no part of the franchise anymore. Not if they were forced to cheap it out for a quick buck.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

With me loving the XCOM right now, some JA2 might be good times too haha. Is there a Steam version? I suspect I'll not be able to find my disc around here

http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue/ this one is cheaper that steam version, and mods can be used as well. I'm pretty sure there were some complications with Steam version.

They're not cheap, they don't have the money to do it. They never did.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

• 5 weeks later...