installation issue

ok i have a FX7020 Gateway with Vista Home Premium(see the problem already?). i try to install it and it takes like a day or so just to finish. i like this game so much that i AM willing for it.... ONCE. but then after i turn off my computer and back on(like for the night or w/e) it says its not installed right and can't play it anymore. if anyone has the solution i REALLY want to play.

for what i understood of it ive already done all of that. compatibilirty mode, admin mode. i cant even get the setup.exe to run automatically. like i said b4(this time ill be less vague). i put in the cd, it says autorun so i say ok. nothing happens, so i go into the cd and run the setup manually. then the installation goes normall like it is suppose to but VERY SLOWY(VERY). after i got it done, i installed the mods and patches(not gonna play w/o any kind of reconstruction mod cause ive beaten the game already and want it for the deleted content, but i dont believe that the mods would do the problem), then i quit for the night(i know, "sleep, disgusting habbit", then i got to play and it says something like game is not installed, install properly. like i said b4 it wouldnt be so bad if it didnt take like 2 days to install. besides thati ahve no problems i cant solve, so if you have any solutions id be VERY gratefull.

What are your system specs? I found this list but I want to make sure that it is correct.

AMD Phenom X4 9600 / 2.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE

3 GB - 4 GB

DVD

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well, Kotor 2 does not like multi-core systems, nor will it run well, in most cases, on Vista without tweaks - but I do not think any of the common symptoms are displayed in your case. What anti-virus are you using and where are you trying to install the game?

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well, Kotor 2 does not like multi-core systems, nor will it run well, in most cases, on Vista without tweaks - but I do not think any of the common symptoms are displayed in your case. What anti-virus are you using and where are you trying to install the game?

trend micro antivirus(which to me seems like a very good antivirus if not too protective) and i try to install it in the place it automatically goes to

I installed KotOR 2 on vista and it installed fine and scanned my computer and asked me to install different video card drivers, which i did. then i tried starting my game. it opened the first menu fine, so i clicked on game, but then it crashed. it started searching for a problem, then told me that it had found one, but wouldn't tell me what it was or how to fix it! HELP!!

Try installing to a folder outside of the "program files" and see if that helps.

i tried disabling the sound from the configure option on the external menu, and the game launched. but i don't want to play without sound, so now that i have figured out the problem, what do you suggest?

ok i think i pin-pointed the problem(with the whole it saying not installed corectly after restarting the computer). i think it was the mods, cause this time i installed it w/o the mods, into i different folder than usual(took LONG time but not a day or so like b4, more like a few hours), and restarted it and it works ok, not perfectly(not even "ok" but hey it vista). but when the restoration project comes out i SO want it... sow aht am i gonna do. like i said last time i isntalled mods into kotor2(ok im more specific this time) it said when i restarted the computer something like not installed properly, re-instal, so if anyone can help i will be VERY grateful.