Internet to reach saturation capacity by 2010

Humodour

I'm sure they'll solve the potential problems of the growing bandwidth usage, one way or another, before we all start getting 'busy signals' so often it'd impede our general ability to communicate/entertain over the 'net.

even if the 'net BW did not keep up with demand there would never be "busy" signals. it doesn't work that way.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Hence the quotation marks around 'busy signals.' I still use old world references to give emotional reaction examples. :down:

As far as I'm concerned, if you currently have a fast speed connection and it takes more than 30 seconds to load a page, the server is too busy or there's too many unnecessary or badly written ad/whatever scripts causing the delay, hence I hang up (leave the page) and try again later or never go back.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've heard that as much as 90% of internet traffic is spam, as well, which is a shame.

You will never find a more wretched hive of *scum and villainy.

*spam

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin