HD 2900xt

basically, as I understand it, 7.11 is the best graphics driver for kotor2? Ive been trying to go and play it again, but my HD2900xt cant use 7.11, its too old :ermm: any suggestions? the inability to use frame buffer effects and the fact that every time I alt-tab or quit from the game after loading, windows is totally messed up (almost like it has 10x10 pixels on the screen or something, lol.)

As a side note, running on a 22" widescreen, is there any way to get a decent widescreen res? (Ive tried some methods out there, none seem to work, that's possibly because Im an idiot and didnt read the instructions properly...)

Is there any particular reason you are trying to use the 7.11 drivers, or is that just because you heard they worked well with KotOR? Unless the newest drivers (or whatever you are using now) doesn't work, then there isn't really any reason to downgrade.

the inability to use frame buffer effects and the fact that every time I alt-tab or quit from the game after loading, windows is totally messed up (almost like it has 10x10 pixels on the screen or something, lol.)

I was actually partially stupid, I got the 7.11 working, which consequently fixed the alt-tab/quitting weird windows resolution-ish problem, but frame buffer effects are still garbage... any answers?

the inability to use frame buffer effects and the fact that every time I alt-tab or quit from the game after loading, windows is totally messed up (almost like it has 10x10 pixels on the screen or something, lol.)

I was actually partially stupid, I got the 7.11 working, which consequently fixed the alt-tab/quitting weird windows resolution-ish problem, but frame buffer effects are still garbage... any answers?

What happens when you try to enable frame buffer effects? Is there some graphical error, does it just not do anything, or can you not select it for some reason? Not really sure what's wrong, as I've never used frame buffer effects. I always thought they were a little distracting.

I can enable frame buffer effects just fine, and for some things they work okay. Its the force speed series (knight, master) especially that seems to bring up a problem, normally it's supposed to display a blur effect across the whole screen, but instead it seems to be just displaying random really weird slightly transparent images over the whole screen (including the hud) which makes it near impossible to see anything (which is a bummer, cause I used force speed a lot :p.

well that is YOUR choice

That doesn't help.

I can enable frame buffer effects just fine, and for some things they work okay. Its the force speed series (knight, master) especially that seems to bring up a problem, normally it's supposed to display a blur effect across the whole screen, but instead it seems to be just displaying random really weird slightly transparent images over the whole screen (including the hud) which makes it near impossible to see anything (which is a bummer, cause I used force speed a lot :).

Unfortunately I have no idea what might be causing this, or how to fix it.