Launch crash

I just installed KOTOR 2 on my computer (desktop with XP on it), This is a fairly nice computer that meets all the requirements with flying colors. I have patched it with the latest patch 2.10.427.

When i go to the launchmenu and press game i instantly get a Microsoft report error message. I dont know whats wrong. and i need help!

is it possible to post the error message or a verbatim of what it contains.

yeah, but i mean it wont do any good, i have found out the problem is with the patch. i guess my computer doesnt like it. i guess ill play patchless

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I get the same problem when I try to run the game. I see the company logos and a loading screen, then it crashes when the main menu should come up. I'm running on XP SP2 with a GeForce 8600GT, which I have read has some issues with this game. I haven't been able to fix the problem. I've updated drivers, installed the patch, run the game in compatibility mode, tried every resolution, replaced the Mms32.dll file and played with the settings in the Nvidia control panel. Nothing has worked and I'm getting a little frustrated here. When I run the system scan, my system meets recommended requirements except for my video card, which comes up as yellow, meeting minimum but not recommended requirements (which doesn't make any sense, considering how new the card is and what it can do, such as play Crysis at medium-high settings). Can somebody help me out? I'd really appreciate it.