Screen goes black after opening movie

when I tried to run KOTOR2, the game loads fine and I can set up my character. However, after viewing the opening movie with the ebon hawke navigating the asteroid field, the screen goes black and the music continues for a second and then the game crashes and I get the following error (just before actual gameplay I assume):

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I tried setting the compatibility settings to Windows XP SP2, and ran as administrator, no go.

I tried disabling sound because Vista sound drivers are apparently very differently from XP, no go.

I tried downloading a modified Mss32.dll that's suppose to fix the Vista sound issues, no go.

I just tried the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" trick, no go.

I am using the latest video card drivers, no go.

Anyone have any ideas on what else I can do :ermm:?

System specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7100

1GB RAM

Intel GMA X3100

Vista 32-bit

Edited by Agent_J

Have you tried playing on only one of the processors? I know some people have had problems running tsl with both processors. I think if you star tsl then open the task manager you can change tsl to run on one processor instead of both.

Your graphics card might not support tsl

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

• 1 month later...

my computer does the same thing i have an Intel Pentium 4 Processor, 1536MB of RAM, a Radeon x300 series video card, and i'm running Windows XP and i can't get it to work it goes to a black screen the music keeps playing and it locks up and doesn't respond