Flashfloods

Humodour

Its summer in AU now isnt it? Is 95F unusually high for a summer temperature?

Nah. It's actually been colder than normal here this summer. Like, the hot days started a month late, and will probably end early too.

I'm in a town where in summer temperatures between 30 and 40 C (86 to 104 f) are the norm, while -10 to 10 (14 to 50 f) is the norm in winter. I live about 4 hours northwest of Canberra, but strangely, the climate is near IDENTICAL to Canberra's - down to exact temperature each day, storms, winds, etc all year.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from vacation up in northern Queensland (Cairns and surroundings)... :p

What a difference air humidity makes. Day temperatures aren't that much of a difference to where I live (South Australia, around 28-34 degrees most of the summer), but having 80%+ humidity makes for some constantly damp clothes. I am used to around 15-20% max.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

How often do you have to go on a marathon run?

I do Inward Bound every year in Canberra (dropped in the bush at 2am, with endpoint coords given, and you figure out where you are based on straight line distance to endpoint, and landmarks nearby). Previously I've been in a 60km (we came first) and an 80km (we came 3rd) run. The 80km run was around the Snowy Mountains. So I spend about 3 months of the year getting ready of those.

Otherwise I go for a 10km jog every day I'm not hungover and have a go at every second marathon run that comes up.

Guest The Architect
Otherwise I go for a 10km jog every day I'm not hungover and have a go at every second marathon run that comes up.

So you only go on a 10km jog twice a year then?

And **** me, 60km and 80km!?

That's crazy. The most I've run is about 5km.

I have no idea how I'd go in 10km + runs.