Dialog bug

Not every time, but more than not, when I talk to an NPC the dialog zooms by and goes straight to my conversation choices. I'm not sure why it happens, but its very annoying, and detrimental to the storyline. If anyone can help me fix this, I'd appreciate it. I've tried turning subtitles on and off, but it doesn't work. I've tried changing every graphical, feedback, and game play option available, and none of them work.

Not every time, but more than not, when I talk to an NPC the dialog zooms by and goes straight to my conversation choices. I'm not sure why it happens, but its very annoying, and detrimental to the storyline. If anyone can help me fix this, I'd appreciate it. I've tried turning subtitles on and off, but it doesn't work. I've tried changing every graphical, feedback, and game play option available, and none of them work.

At first I thought one of my xbox's buttons were stuck but then I relieved that it was just a problem with the game. As far as I know their's no way to fix it, unless of course your a programmer and can read code.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Well, I'm playing on the pc version, and no, I'm not a programmer. Either way, thanks to that one person who tried to help, but I fixed it myself. All I did was reinstall. At least, though, I found out that this really isn't a good place to ask for help. Oh well, thanks again that one guy whose name I don't remember.

Okay, first please don't expect that when you post your problem that within TWO DAYS that your post will get answered most people have jobs and family's and don't check this site everyday. About your problem, I have had that happen every once and awhile. It usually happens to me after i use force speed and then after awhile it would stop. Also can you please humor me and give me some more info. Did it happen at the beginning of the game (at the first talk sequence)? Did this happen every time? Also I am glad that reinstalling the game fixed it.

I have this problem too. It does not appear specific to any point in the game, it just comes at random (as far as i can tell) and then after giving u the absolute ****s for an hour or so it goes away.

"Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." - HK-47

The problem has been reported before, and no-one's ever found a reliable solution for it, as far as I know. Re-installing sometimes works. restarting sometimes works, reloading sometimes works, and sometimes is just doesn't happen even though you didn't change anything. I wish I had something more substantial to offer, but it's been so long since I played the game, and I only had this problem once or twice. Assuming you have the official patch installed, I can only suggest trying the Kotor II technical support forums over at LucasArts. :sad:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)