Stuck in Royal Deadline Onderon Quest (BUG)

Well basically, this is my first time through KOTOR2, however I have played many of these kinds of games before, and sort of know what the problem or bug I am facing, though don't know how to overcome it. Basically, I did the transfer of computer lock to the other console from the computer slicer side. Though when I go and speak to the guy on the other console, and instead of telling him I have already fixed the problem, I chose another option. So I though no problem, talk to him again, and now he doesn't give me the option to open up the royal palace gate. This is obviously a bug with the Dialog.tlk file, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to over come this problem, or just enter in a cheat console command to open up that palace door, so that I don't have to reload from a save state that's 4hrs old... :)

Please help.

Thanks.

This is obviously a bug with the Dialog.tlk file...

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

(sounds more like an issue with the dialogue script, not the text string database)

Can't say I have run into it previously, so I hope somebody else can help you out. It does have its share of weird issues.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Found this in sticky FAQ thread:

Q. I am stuck in the Onderon Palace. I cannot disable the second terminal

A. This is caused by telling the Captain at this station that you will disable the other station while you already have disabled the other station. To fix this you NEED to load a save from before talking to the Captain at that station.

Sorry, not much help. Maybe some of the modders/hackers out there might have some input as to whether or not console commands/KSE can be used to help.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem! I must know, what did you end up doing? Did you find a way to fix it?

At this point I am desperate enough to load a quick save game I saved 5 hours ago, but the only problem with that is that only autosave will load for me. I feel pretty screwed right now.

Please let me know if there is anyway around this. Much appreciated!

• 2 years later...

You have exactly the same problem as me but still i think my situation is worse. Both my saves Auto-save and ordinairy save are saved after all the terminals are ruined, so there is no way i can just choose an old save and restart just like that, so the only option is to start all over if there is no solution too this problem. Help whould be really appriciated in my state. Since i'm not an active member on this forum it whould be nice if you could e-mail the solution to my e-mail (Fam.Kajling@hotmail.com). Thanks!