The Bargain Thread

Big Bottom

I didn't like the demo of Conflict much. Yes, the gameplay was superb, but the setting left me cold. And not good bleak dystopic cold even, but just "heck, not modern warfare"-cold.

I'd expect that the full game was more awesome though. Just like the demo for Act of War was nothing like the actual game.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I never got as far as the demo, hearing of the lack of a coop campain. Becides, as you say, Terradynes > tanks.

It's a bit like Homeworld though, where the sequal was real bastard child as compared to the original.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Ah, I've never actually played the original Homeworld, despite my gushing lovey-dovey for Epi..uh, Relic. It is rather difficult to find nowadays.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Ah, I've never actually played the original Homeworld, despite my gushing lovey-dovey for Epi..uh, Relic. It is rather difficult to find nowadays.

Traitor.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

You can fix that you know.

kirottu said:

Yes, I am a rabid fanboy, but Homeworld still stands in my estimation as one of the greatest games ever made, despite its shortcomings. The last mission still sits very high on my list of the greatest moments in gaming. <3<3 Angus Dei.

The expansion pack 'Cataclysm' by Barking Dog, which completely reinterprited the gameplay in a positive way was also a stroke of genius in what was otherwise a pretty dull time for gaming, generally.Though it was too bad about the lack of good music in this ittiration.

Homeworld 2 was actually a real letdown due to it's insistance on 'RTSing' the combat and it's completely schitzophenic narrative. A pity, considering how strong the narrative was from the first game and its addon.

Hadescopy.jpg

Yes, I am a rabid fanboy, but Homeworld still stands in my estimation as one of the greatest games ever made, despite its shortcomings. The last mission still sits very high on my list of the greatest moments in gaming. <3<3 Angus Dei.

The expansion pack 'Cataclysm' by Barking Dog, which completely reinterprited the gameplay in a positive way was also a stroke of genius in what was otherwise a pretty dull time for gaming, generally.Though it was too bad about the lack of good music in this ittiration.

Homeworld 2 was actually a real letdown due to it's insistance on 'RTSing' the combat and it's completely schitzophenic narrative. A pity, considering how strong the narrative was from the first game and its addon.

Agreed on all counts, though I did like the music in Cataclysm. Homeworld 2 I barely touched...it just didn't feel the same which was disappointing given how much I loved the others. Pity Relic didn't keep the rights to Homeworld, we're due a proper sequel.

You can fix that you know.

Dude, I

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Agreed on all counts, though I did like the music in Cataclysm.

Actually, yeah, that was a bit harsh of me, some of the music was pretty good, and pretty much all of it fit with the themes. Though there was no Angus Dei or Ladder, which stood out.

Hadescopy.jpg

Yeah, Paul Ruskay is a pretty solid composer.

IIRC, the guy who did the music for Arcanum was supposed to do track for Homeworld 2, I don't know if it ever came to fruition though.

kirottu said:

Actually, I could buy it off from you. It's seriously hard to find right now.

Seriously... I never had it legally. Once I got strangely guilty about it since I liked it so I thought I should buy it. I searched for it, didn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Meh, I'll beg someone acquire it for me. Thanks anyway, Kiro-kun.

kirottu said:

Disciples II gold and it's expansions can be had for $10 US. Is it any good? I know nothing about it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

At Target the 4 disk jewel case is $10

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I thought the only similarity they had was the map model, but whatever.

It's still an old favority of mine. Never played it extensively though. The prequel a lot more.

kirottu said:

I thought the only similarity they had was the map model, but whatever.

It's still an old favority of mine. Never played it extensively though. The prequel a lot more.

I bought it today. I'll give it a shot after I finish off the Byzantines in my MTW2 game.

Thomas Sowell

• 3 weeks later...

I wish i could get my hands on a Gabriel Knight Trilogy on a DVD instead of however many CD's it would take. So annoying to switch 6 cd's!

Ahh memories, Kings Quest 1 was the first game i ever played on a screen. I remember typing obscene words as a little kid to see what would happen. Also Polive Quest took a major dump when it turned into SWAT i thought. I never played Space Quest, or Quest for glory is it? Ill have to check these out.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

The Larry games are another collection there for a fiver, I wish they'd release a GK one as well but I doubt it'll happen since there'd be so many compatability issues and they seem to insist on releasing everything on CD which would mean 10 of them. What I'd REALLY like is for ScummVM to start supporting the VGA Sierra games, the devs are very cagey about even talking about these games but we all know it's gonna happen, do you hear me ScummVM devs? Resistance is futile!

In other news, Bioshock is

Edited by Big Bottom

I made a friend who has all Gabriel Knight games, Lucas adventures and Sierra classics in their original format and a computer that can handle them.

Life is joy.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said: