Glitch on Nar Shaddaa *Possible Spoilers*

Hey, this is my first time posting. I'm getting REALLY frustrated at this point in KOTOR 2. Here's the thing: I'm on Nar Shaddaa, I've done everything else to gain enough noteriety. I get the cut scene that the slavers are on the Ebon Hawk. I run back there, kill the slavers, talk to Cahhmakt. Then, once everything is finished, I exit the ship. The cut scene that is suppose to trigger (where Visquis contacts you and tells you to come to the cantina) does not trigger. I have done this part of the game over and over, played more parts, gone to Korriban, beaten Korriban, come back, tried it again, AND IT STILL WON'T TRIGGER. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? Is there any patch you suggest using? I don't know much about windows computers(but I'm a macintosh-guru), and I play this game on my dad's windows computer at his work on Saturday mornings, so I don't have much time to play, and it is really obnoxious when I can't get past a certain part or have no clue how to install patches, ha. The game currently deleted my saves, so I have to play it over again anyways. I don't know if I will encounter this glitch again, but I don't want to run into it again, if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks.

to update the game, simply choose 'update' instead of 'game' when you launch the game and it will automatically download and install the latest patches for the game. as for the game deleting your saved games, I really have no clue, perhaps the updates will remedy that too? team-gizka.org has some fixes that also address other bugs in the game that are not repaired with the official updates, along with instructions on how to apply them.

Kotor2 keeps seperate sets of saves for each character *name*, so if you have played for a while, gone back to the menu and created a new character (with the name generator) it will appear as if the old saves are gone (being associated with your old character name). There is a button called "switch" where you can switch between the different set of saves. Could that be where it has gone?

As for Nar Shaddaa, I am not 100% sure that it is the red eclipse that is supposed to trigger the Visquis sequence alone, but an internal variable that needs to reach a certain number, totalling up all your actions on the planet. Maybe the "squeeky" little guy (can't remember his name) in the entertainment district can give you an indicator (for the mere bargain of 5 credits mind you)?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sorry I didn't get back to this; my internet has been sporatic. Thanks for the info; that might be the problem with with the save games, but i always thought the red eclipse triggered when you had enough noteriety. Well; I'll try it the next time I get to the computer I use to play it. If you get this message, thanks for the info :)

I hope you find what you are looking for :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Have you installed any Mods?

Certain mods (or combinations of Mods) can cause glitches very similar to what you describe.

Try removing the contents of your override folder and see if that triggers the cutscene.

You can then restore the contents of the override folder and continue on.

Also; check the sticky FAQ. With KSE it is pretty easy to see wheter or not your game IS screwed up; and if it is to fix it (PC only obviously)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Nope, I'm not much into mods, unless they restore deleted content that should actually be there. As it is, I don't know enough about windows to mess with them. But, my dad got a new computer, so I guess I have no choice but to start over anyways. Hopefully I won't run into the problem again o:) Thanks.