KoTOR & TSL Dantooine lag

i have a brand new dell laptop (yes with vista on it) i got both games to run, and they ran with minimal problems until i got to dantooine in both games. once i am on dantooine the game gets very choppy and i find my self jumping around the map when i try to move. in TSL i believe i figured out that it was the "seamless" transitions in the map (only when the camera is facing them, although it happens at any position on the map) that are causeing this lag. can any one help? i have a ATI mobility radeon x1400 btw

Edited by Tycho0610

Hello, and welcome to the forums. :thumbsup:

This is a well-known bug, and usually easily solved:

Q. I am having slow performance on Dantooine and/or in the Jekk Jekk Tar

A. Open SWKotor2.ini found in the map where you installed Kotor2. There find [Graphics Options] and add the line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

(from the FAQ)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I can't quite figure that one out either. Once, I had severe lag and stuttering on Dantooine (the grassy plains) and the Habitat part of Telos station. Installing the game a year later, it was gone and ran smoothly. The only change I can imagine is, that my drivers got updated in the meantime (the old drivers was probably 3 years old at the time, yes, shame on me).

The only place(s) where it stutters now are on Nar Shaddaa, in each of the places where the "swoop bike" can appear when you have fixed it and can move around with it. As if the area trigger somehow goes haywire and does some crazy checking when you get it in sight.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I can't quite figure that one out either. Once, I had severe lag and stuttering on Dantooine (the grassy plains) and the Habitat part of Telos station. Installing the game a year later, it was gone and ran smoothly. The only change I can imagine is, that my drivers got updated in the meantime (the old drivers was probably 3 years old at the time, yes, shame on me).

The only place(s) where it stutters now are on Nar Shaddaa, in each of the places where the "swoop bike" can appear when you have fixed it and can move around with it. As if the area trigger somehow goes haywire and does some crazy checking when you get it in sight.

Same here really, updating drivers might help. On a side note, is the swoop bike quest a "completable" one, or not,

like the jedi reputation on dantooine?