Don't forget Afghanistan

Walsingham

I think Afghanistan could have an advantage if they stressed they need help to advance. I think most developed countries that pledged to help could contribute technology and expertise that could train the locals to relatively fast-track them down development.

Of course I think they'd be more willing to help if the situation on the ground wasn't so dangerous, with lots of wackos wanting to abduct foreigners.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I think Afghanistan could have an advantage if they stressed they need help to advance. I think most developed countries that pledged to help could contribute technology and expertise that could train the locals to relatively fast-track them down development.

Of course I think they'd be more willing to help if the situation on the ground wasn't so dangerous, with lots of wackos wanting to abduct foreigners.

It's a fair point you make. The criminal gangs aren't going to go away on their own. What I'm talking about is giving the people locally an investment in progress so that they feel personally inclined to shoot up the bandits. Something they are perfectly capable of doing with the right motivation. The other aspect of investment is to make the village headman (often called a 'malik') gain status from government projects rather than hoofing up and undermining him by doing stuff without consultation. This is a problem with big organisations airdopping stuff onto places. People don't value handouts. You don't have to make them pay in cash, but you have to make them feel they earned it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yup. You have a

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.