Laggy when not looking behind me?

helo, im new here so if this has been resolved, please forgive me, im in a bind and would very much like some help if possible. OKAY, so, I got a new computer and all, installed the game and did a scan hardware and everything checks out for the recomended specs save for my graphics card, which is a ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series. So I have passed with all recomended requirments save for that, which it claims the XPRESS will do for minimum.

So I load up the game hit play, create a character and I start the prologe and it's unbearably laggy when I try to look in front of me. I can turn the camara so I can see T-3 from the face back and it runs smooth, no troubles, but when I try to look from the back I can't run the game. Any advice or help is much appreciated, thanks.

Did you update the game? Doing so will solve alot of problems.

Likewise, for any and all PC games you dont want to just "meet" the requirements, you want to surpass them, preferably by alot. If your card only just "meets" the requirements, you can expect shotty gameplay and laggy bugs.

wookiedance.gif

Did you update the game? Doing so will solve alot of problems.

Likewise, for any and all PC games you dont want to just "meet" the requirements, you want to surpass them, preferably by alot. If your card only just "meets" the requirements, you can expect shotty gameplay and laggy bugs.

Right, thats what I had expected, but I figured if it can play The Elderscrolls: Oblivion decently then KOTOR2 shouldn't be much of a problem. Besides that, I can turn the graphics and all up all the way and I have no problems running as long as im looking at my character and move them from the front, but as soon as I try to look from the back it messes up. I ran through half the Ebon Hawk, looking at my character from the front and had no trouble at all until I move the camera, tis very frustrating. Thanks for your reply, im going to do a complete fresh reinstall and then update the crap out of it, maby that will work.

Just don't understand why it will work on my grandmothers but won't work on mine, and I can play several more graphicly advanced games with higher needs on mine and not on hers :thumbsup:

Thanks again for your reply.

Have you updated your graphics drivers? Just because you might have a CD that came with the computer doesn't mean that the drivers are upto date, in fact chances are they wouldn't be. It's worth checking out anyway, as it might improve other games.

Another idea would be to check the graphics options the game has automatically set for you, in my experience KOTOR can sometimes set the options higher than your card is really able to handle. Turning the graphics options and resolution down, and checking things like the refresh rate might help smooth things out.

You might also want to check out Lucasarts own message boards, since there is a section on there for technical help for the KOTOR games there might be more information and help about running the games with your graphics card on there.

Have you updated your graphics drivers? Just because you might have a CD that came with the computer doesn't mean that the drivers are upto date, in fact chances are they wouldn't be. It's worth checking out anyway, as it might improve other games.

Another idea would be to check the graphics options the game has automatically set for you, in my experience KOTOR can sometimes set the options higher than your card is really able to handle. Turning the graphics options and resolution down, and checking things like the refresh rate might help smooth things out.

You might also want to check out Lucasarts own message boards, since there is a section on there for technical help for the KOTOR games there might be more information and help about running the games with your graphics card on there.

thats what I updated the game, my drivers, everything I could possibly think of and lowered all the setting to the lowest possible setting and it did nothing to help. Signed up and all at the LA fourm and posted this thread, and turns out that the game just doesn't work well with my video card, or so it seems. Neither ATI or Lucas Arts is willing to even try to fix it, found a whole lot of people with my same problem. Thanks for your help guys, looks like im just up the creek without a paddle :(