can i ask kotor 1 questions here? (also have a kotor2 software question)

being as obsidian wasnt apart of kotor 1 i can understand if i this isnt the place to ask about kotor 1

but this community is in my eyes more intelligent and alot more welcoming than biowares forum cumminty (shhh!)

and also, if i transfer files from the gameinprogress folder in my kotor2 directory and put them in another computers directory that has no save games can i load those games?

or has anyone tried to move save games to another computer before and knows how

:edit: to make the title sound less like a 5 year old made it

Edited by Trayus

I've never tried such a thing, but I have to imagine that it would not work. Not only would allowing it wreck the story in KotOR 2, but the savegame files store very different information (e.g. different NPCs with different dialog trees and dialog tree states, not to mention the inclusion of NPC Influence data).

i got it to work, i put the save game from my old computer from its save folder onto a flash drive and transferred it to my new computer and renamed it 000001-GAME1 like it was a game started on my new computer

im unsure of what you mean by saying wreck the story, im not trying to skip through to certain part, im just continuing my game on another computer

but about my first question, do any moderators care if i ask a kotor 1 question?

i should have listened to you lol, it loads but all my dialogue options have been reset along with influence, which has basically messed up the whole game, oh well, i tried, and now for anyone thinking of it, they can know that it isnt done easily

but about my first question, do any moderators care if i ask a kotor 1 question?

I'm guessing that asking about K1 in the K2 forum isn't going to go over well with the mods. But Talking purely for myself I can't see a problem asking K1 questions in the starwars universe section.....of course one of the mods will be along to shout at me for saying that......

If it's a story-related question, then as Darth Mortis said, the Star Wars Universe forum is the place to ask. If it's a tech question, then the Skeeter's Junkyard forum would be better. So ask away. :shifty:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)