Nar Shadda Visquis hard crash error, already in the arena

Basically, I've got a freshly re-OSed machine with the most current drivers (I've rolled back too). I've reloaded several save games in an attempt to dodge this bug.

There's a few spoilers here, so sorry.

I'm in the hallway leading to the arena in Visquis' underground hideout beneath the Jekk Jekk Tar.

Essentially, right after all the cut-scenes finish, when Kreia is ressurecting Hanharr, and the fade to your character begins, the screen freezes, and I get a windows hard crash (KOTOR CLOSED UNEXPECTEDLY, BLAH BLAH BLAH).

I've tried running things on minimal settings, disabling movies, pretty much everything. I've applied all possible updates to the game, and tried playing through without updates. I am COMPLETELY stumped.

Is this game just so buggy that there's no point in trying to finish it? I understand that it's been years since its release, so hope of vendor support is nigh impossible to hope for.

Oddly enough NWN2 has been quite the trial to play as well...

I have a few questions for you:

Are you using any Mods?

Are you using the same save files form b4 the reinstalls?

Did you use any Mods back before the Installs?

What model of Video Card do you use?

Now to answer your question. No the game is not that bad. One thing is holding you up. You need to handle that one thing and you will be able to go for it.

• 1 year later...

Kinda old post but i think an answer to this issue will help some players get through it :lol:

Well i had the exact same problem like 2-3 hours ago, i've tried searching over the internet for an answer and i came up with nothing but posts like "I reinstalled my OS and the game and it crashed again."

I spotted a glitch where you can control your char for less than 1 sec if you left click every cut scene ( Mira's one mostly ).

So what i did was :

1 : Saved the game ( NOT QUICK-SAVED )

2 : Opened the door.

3 : Spammed left click + 1 so i go fast to the next cut scene with Mira ( For light side guys :ermm: for the dark ones dont choose the "Leave him alone" choice before they kill Visquis ).

4 : When Mira's cut-scene appeared i spammed left click and managed to have my left hand on "W" and "F4" so i can move 1 step and quick save really fast after the cut-scene. ( Dont really know if the step move made any difference to it. )

5 : I managed to make 1 step and quick save during the glitch between Mira's CS and Keira's CS

After that i watched the next CS and it crashed again.I launched the game, loaded my quicksave and ... IT WORKED. It loaded just fine!! NO Keira CS and i could move and do ****.I got my light side points aswell moved around the room a bit, quick saved again and quited the game as i am going to sleep soon.

Well i hope i can continue the game (since there was no Keira cut scene coz i saved just before it comes) and Good luck to all of you guys having that ****Y problem. I guess it's the only solution available on the net besides the "I'll give you my save, please get past the crash" one.

Give it a try let me know if it works for you. :unsure:

Well, after that cutscene it is supposed to load the docks with Atton and the team, so if you walk around the area as the Exile you are effectively stuck.

The only cause I can think of is Atton being in Stealth Mode when you ended the fight in the Bar, and that causes the engine to be confused (it has been the cause of a well-known KOTOR1 bug after Malak's fight on the Leviathan).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee