Biowares new MMO will be....

I see you are having problem understanding this.

Are those people playing together? No, therefore, not massive. Guild Wars is exactly like Diablo, only difference being the first added fancy graphics to the Battle.net chat screen. ROOFLES!!

Gee, then what are all those people, run by players, doing inside the cities I visited. It looks like they are playing the game all together to me.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

One is in character and the other is not, at least in theory. :p

I don't really consider Guild Wars a true MMORPG, but more of a MMORPG-lite type game that bridges traditional hack and slash with massive online capability.

Like I said, its a platypus.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

wow lots of different points made here.. i dunno what to reply to :brows:

anyway, if i understand guild wars properly. the cities are where people logged in can meet.. and if i remember, there were quite a few players in these cities.. the difference being that when they made a group (options being other players or hired NPCs) they went off into an instance of a zone.. this has its good and bad points but the thing is, they arent the first to use the idea of instances. They just use it more often.. perhaps to keep lag down, who knows :grin: anyway i think that while it is different from other MMORPGs, it is still one itself..

As for kotor, i think it has the potential to be a great mmorpg.. as was said before, compared to the swg time period, writers and developers have a great deal more space to work with.. and sure there would be many jedi and sith running around but i gave swg a try a few months back and noticed that they had made other non force sensitive classes that many players took up. Thing is, kotor stories brought up many possibilities. And in a time where the sith discard the rule of two and the jedi have numerous enclaves, there is a lot of room for lore and game content.

but please god dont lat ANY SWG developers near it.. :D