Aesthetic/functionality preferences for browsing images?

LadyCrimson

I'm wondering, if you were browsing photos/images, do you have a preference for the more layer-categorized, searchable, loads of features type of galleries that are often not very aesthetically pleasing (blocky & tabled) - ie like my KotorGallery or many other image sites - or something more elegant/simple but not as easy to browse/find specific pictures/subjects, ala photo blog software like this photography blog? (warning, the site isn't very dial-up friendly)

The galleries are easily searchable, often have intermediate sized pictures and thus easier on dial up users, and handle huge numbers of files a lot better, imo, but I like the nice presentation of the 'photoblog' ones.

This isn't about the OEgallery, btw. I'm just going nuts trying to decide which sort of thing will be better for my personal stuff. :p Feel like I've installed/tried a dozen programs this week.

bloody forum lag...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

if there was some way to combine the two with like a "viewing options" type thing, that would be optimal.

I prefer the more functional ones though, as its the pictures I'm there to see, not the way they're stored.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'd love a program that had both sorts of options, but so far I haven't found one. One could use the showy type as a starting site and link to the 'full gallery' with a "see more" link, which is probably what I'll do, but it's not quite the same. It's almost frustrating enough to want to learn programming so I can make my own. har.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts