Single player role-playing gamebooks

ramza

I just found these links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Fantasy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebooks

Has any of you ever tried those books when you were a kid?

"The reader plays the game by choosing which of the branches of the storyline to follow. This usually occurs at the end of any given page; the reader will then be prompted to choose between one of several possible courses of action for the plot to follow, and to turn to the appropriate page or section. Most gamebooks have multiple possible endings, at least one of which is a "win" with most or all of the rest being "losses"; the added replay value of gamebooks is one of the primary reasons for their popularity."

I remember having approximately 10 of these books when I was a kid and I really loved them. They were fun and they allowed you to combine entertainment with reading (I make reference to lazy people like who didn't bother reading books in their youth). Too bad my mom threw all my books away... I wonder if I have any chance of finding those on ebay...

EDIT: sorry, I just noticed that there already was a topic about that subject... lock my thread please...

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

lock my thread please...

Closed by request.

I believe this is the other thread referred to.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts