Technical : Installation

I hope this is the right place for posting this, but i have quite a big problem, as i cant play KOTOR II :'(

I bought the game a while ago, tried to install it on my previous PC (running WIndows XP), but it never worked because it said my Graphic Card Drivers were out-of-date, although i had the latest ones available. I thought that it was maybe because my ATI Radeon 9200 was too old for the game...

Anyway, i bought a brand new PC a few days ago, with WIndows Vista and a new NVIDIA GeForce 7500 (with 512 Mo RAM), and now when i install the game, it still says that the graphics drivers are out of date !

I unistalled, re-installed and everything but i still have the same problem, even though the drivers are just a few days old... It says i need Detonator 45.23, which is a driver from 2003 !!!

The launcher starts just fine, the updater too (i updated to version 2.10.427), but when i click on "Game", i hear the CD running for a while but absolutely nothing happens...

I've tryed talking to the support, they were nice and all but couldnt help me...

If anyone knows anything, i heard so much great things about this game that i'd really like to be able to play it !

Is that an on-board/integrated graphics card? Did you actually download/install the most recent drivers? Pre-built computers don't always have the "latest" by default.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, i used the Vista-integrated thing to check the driver for my Graphic Card, and it says that the latest driver is already installed...

And besides, KOTORII says i need "Detonator 45.23 or better", and knowing that Detonator 45.23 is a driver from 2003, i think that a PC bought in 2007 has "better" drivers ;-)

Anyway, do you think i should check the nVidia website directly ? But then do you know what the latest driver for a GeForce 7500 is ?

Edited by UltimaTom

I read once that a computer once came packaged using a Windows graphics driver rather than the manufacturers video driver for some reason. Strange things can happen w/computers. But yeah, I realize it's unlikely. :shifty:

The card itself, far as I can tell, is a middling performer far as onboard goes. Not a whole lot said about it, really. I'm not sure where to check for drivers that kind of card. But I'd probably start by searching nvida's site for 7500 references.

Or you could spend another $100 on an inexpensive non-integrated card to see if that solves the issue. There's always that chance that the game for some reason isn't liking the onboard. Have you tried running dxdiag (or Vista equivalent...) and reading through the listed system specs and such for anything that looks out of place?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts