Oye!

Calax

so your hawt daughter was born out of wedlock?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Oh, I have all the answers now?  First off, you're making it seem like getting a divorce these days is practically impossible or still a social taboo, both of which are untrue. 

It is an added expense that really should be unnecessary. What goes on between two people should remain between those two people and their families. Its not the place of government or lawyers to get involved.

To answer your question, here's another.  Are you suggesting we should just abolish marriage entirely?  Is that it?

In terms in its relationship to government and laws, yes. In terms of religious practice, that is up to the people involved, their faith, and their church.

Then we'll have people running around having children with whomever they damn well please.  Better yet, no sense of commitment, no meaning anymore to the concept of a life partner, it'd be just one big free for all.  I think you fail to grasp the concept of why marriage is such an important institution to begin with.

I understand it completely. I just do not think it is right for the government get involved in the personal lives of its citizens for marriage is a very personal and intimate act of commitment between two individuals.

To answer your question simply: yes, go through the legal mess.  :p  To have that kind of regulation would be better than none at all.

I disagree wholeheartedly. The less intrusive the government is on the personal lives of its law abiding citizens the better.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"