NHL

Darque

I can't help being impressed by Gaborik when he is healthy. The guy has to be one of the fastest skaters with the puck in the NHL. And he's quite lethal as a finisher. 22 goals in 31 games this season!

I'm glad the Leafs don't have to face the Wild too many times per season :yes:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And with the shutout win tonight against Washington we're back at a play-off spot! Not too shabby, considering how we played at the beginning of the season (seven or eight straight losses was a bit.. stressing). And they played well too! If the Leafs can continue playing like this, patient and defensively sound, we might actually make it. GO LEAFS GO!

You know what annoys me? NHL refereeing.

Cam Janssen gets one shift in the Devils - Leafs game. He charges onto the ice, looks for someone to hurt and finds our best d-man, Tomas Kaberle. Kaberle has possession of the puck for a second, passes it away and looks up the field. Three seconds later, Cam Janssen jumps an elbow into the side of the head of Kaberle. Kaberle flies unconscious head first into the rink and has to be carried out on a stretcher. God knows when (IF!?) he will play again.

Cam Janssen, a "player" who averages four minutes on the ice in the 38 games he's been allowed to dress, will be suspended from play for three games because of the incident. He will lose a little over $7000 because of it.

Tomas Kaberle suffered a concussion and neck damage and it's uncertain when he will be able to return (it's been a week now). He is our best d-man.

The referee didn't even call a penalty on the play.

NHL referees SUCK.

"Toronto has lost a league-leading 285 man games to injuries this season. The Carolina Hurricanes are next at 219, followed by the Buffalo Sabres at 193."

What's funnier is that there's been tonnes of late hits causing injuries this season, yet it only becomes a concern when one of the Leafs goes down.

I'll break out the world's tiniest violin for you, Mkreku.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I have to agree with Mkreku on this one Kor. The Drury hit was maybe a second late and that's being generous. Drury got caught with his head down and obviosuly didn't have his helmet on properly. Kaberle on the other hand was hit a good three seconds after he passed the puck and on top of that he sorta jumped and caught Kaberle with his elbow. This hit was completely different from most other hits that have been talked about this season. Most of them have been good legal checks that ended up a tad high and possible clipped the other person's head.

Kor wins. :thumbsup:

P.S. Now, he'll reverse what he said just to 'spite' me which is a common occurance in this awesome NHL threads.

P.S.S. NYR are now back in the play off top 8, and they've done it without Shanahan.

I was right. You were wrong. Shanahan is a curse tothe Rangers. I could see them choking when he returns next week.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm not going to say who's right or wrong. I'll leave that for the Vologic to settle.

Maybe players aren't protecting themselves as much this season.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

How many games do the Islanders have left? I believe it's 15 for Deraldin.

Any other takers?

I'd like to add any playoff games that the Isles play in. I don't see them suspending him for 15 games and then letting him walk back in for the playoffs.

Good call. The day players feel it's worth using their sticks in that manner is the day hockey ceases to exist.

Now if only they could have given Janssen a real suspension too..

I won't do anything stupid to defend Simon, as his actions were clearly irresponsible, but he did suffer a concussion on the play right before he went all Mr. Baseball on that guy. How come refs aren't calling boarding penalties anymore?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Now, if only they punished players who feel the need to solve problems with their fists to someone's face in the same exact way is when hockey will be the best it can be.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I won't say anything stupid to defend Simon, as his actions were clearly irresponsible, but he did suffer a concussion on the play right before he went all Mr. Baseball on that guy. How come refs aren't calling boarding penalties anymore?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Actually, I've noticed that they're much tougher on boarding calls in international hockey than in the NHL. In the NHL it's very seldom someone gets called for charging (in the limited amount of NHL games I get to watch every season), but there's like one or two in (almost) every game in Sweden. Of course, in Sweden you're only allowed to take TWO strides before hitting someone, as opposed to THREE in the NHL. Maybe it's more difficult to determine if someone has taken more than three strides than it is to see more than two?

Edit: Er.. I am getting boarding confused with charging. Anyhow, they are VERY strict with boarding calls too in Sweden. A few years ago a Swedish hockey player (Hans Norberg, 1989) was hit from behind, fell into the rink and broke his neck. He became paralyzed from his neck down. After that the refs in Sweden have been extremely strict with boarding calls.

Edited by mkreku