NWN2 OC playtime

Atreides

Above or below your first estimate?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Above or below your first estimate?

• Above
    • Very close
    • Below

Well, I hope the cut features make there way back into the game either through patches, like the DM Client, or through full blown expansions.  Obsidian needs to keep the support for NWN2 up.  How about some Premium modules like Bioware's to bring in the cash for support!

Yeah bring back the cut content. We always have modders out there who could do this also.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

K, just got the game this afternoon (yay!) and updated it - impressive how major that was.

Anyway I spent 4 hrs on the tutorial, up to the part I win the Cup. Should be way over my estimate! Admit I spent a long time on char creation.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Regarding the people that don't get hung up about game length, I don't know any one of them that said they wouldn't prefer 40 hours of awesome compared to 20 hours of awesome.  It's just that if they only get 20 hours of awesome, they don't necessarily get their panties in a bunch, because they'd rather have 20 hours of awesome, than 40 hours of boredom.

That was my argument. I would much rather have a good, short-to-medium length game than a tedious medium-to-long length game. Granted, I would absolutely prefer a massively long game with superb writing, gameplay, and graphics, but I am able to live contently with a game of short to medium length that is good and fun.

Edited by deganawida

Well, I hope the cut features make there way back into the game either through patches, like the DM Client, or through full blown expansions.  Obsidian needs to keep the support for NWN2 up.  How about some Premium modules like Bioware's to bring in the cash for support!

Yeah bring back the cut content. We always have modders out there who could do this also.

I don't see how a modder could possibly get any of the original content.

And I doubt it really makes any difference, tbh.

Just add new stuff!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't see how a modder could possibly get any of the original content.

And I doubt it really makes any difference, tbh.

Just add new stuff!

Majority of the time the cut content is still in the game's files.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

And it can make a real difference. Unfinished Business was pretty cool, and it looks like TSL Restoration Project, which is now in beta, could have a very big impact.

as for alan... we hope he ain't taken sat yet. specify v. generalize? if Gromnir made a comment that specifically insulted him by means o' a generalization it would be pretty impressive of us.

Sweet. More insults. So not only do you insult me by labelling the group of which I was a member, you start to make comments about how you hope I haven't taken the SATs yet.

But I understand, I'm sure that any beef a Jewish person had with Hitler was unfounded, because Hitler was just making generalized, sweeping statements about Jewish people. He wasn't picking on that one specific Jew. :rolleyes:

1) it doesn't matter how long a game is as long as it is good.

should not likewise be able to crow 'bout

2) look how great it is that obsidian managed +40 hours.

I think being in character has started to affect you. Hopefully you haven't taken the SATs yet.

Regarding the people that don't get hung up about game length, I don't know any one of them that said they wouldn't prefer 40 hours of awesome compared to 20 hours of awesome. It's just that if they only get 20 hours of awesome, they don't necessarily get their panties in a bunch, because they'd rather have 20 hours of awesome, than 40 hours of boredom.

I figured it was obvious (since it was stated in that thread, as well as this one), but I guess not.

HA! Good fun!

you really is chanelling vol recently.

you say your beef is that we specific insulted you. Gromnir points out that we did not insult you specific. you then invoke hitler.

bad cess mate.

in any event, we not feel at all bad if you thinks that you is one of the "clowns" we identified earlier, but you seem either confused by simple vocabulary, or you ain't all that clear 'bout why you were so insulted by our generalization. regardless, your espoused rationale is clearly lacking in merit... but that shouldn't be no surprise as your espoused stand on hours o' gameplay seems a little weak too. in any case, hitler references is always amusing on a message board, and we will gladly insult you personally for stooping to such nonsense. feel better?

and yeah, if you makes a big deal that hours o' gameplay not matter, then you looks pretty silly when you go all weak in the knees 'cause of +40 hours o' gameplay in nwn2 sure, you may always prefer more hours rather than less, but once you try to convince Gromnir and others that hours is largely incidental if quality is good, then you has already told us all we need to know. more important is fact that you has also told developers that small hours is okie dokie. give up right to complain 'bout few hours makes your joy at bigger hours seem eithr false or silly.

was stuff cut from nwn2? sure it was. am not saying that nwn2 is whole and complete as initially envisioned, but pulisher/developer specific noted that one of the delays were to add length. some of you people seem to be trying real hard to pick and choose which developer/publisher quotes you wanna believe.

as for the tsl restoration project...

we was looking forward to it last year, but by now we has lost interest. is just to remote.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You might be able to find some hooks if you explore the .2DA files.

I already found out about some prestige classes that were apparently cut, and other stuff like that, and I only looked for about 10 minutes or so.

Oooo ... what classes? :mellow:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT