Game Freeze Issues

My game keep freezing when my character is surrounded by those heat steams in Peragus mining tunnels. It's not a complete freeze, just my character is frozen in running animation, and stuck in place. The menus, level up, steam/droid animations, etc.. still plays. My character is able to move after I completely exit the game and reload again, but soon run into the same problem. My hardware exceeds the game's recommendations, I have up to date drivers for GeForce 6200SE and latest KOTOR2 patch, no other mods.

Can anyone help me?

you say you can move again after a reload, so what about having a save when you get stuck while in the tunnel, then reloading?

i have had it freeze momentarily in that spot, but only for like 2 seconds tops

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

you say you can move again after a reload, so what about having a save when you get stuck while in the tunnel, then reloading?

i have had it freeze momentarily in that spot, but only for like 2 seconds tops

That's how I got pass that part, but strangely on my old computer I did not have this issue. When I checked my task manager, it seemed that KOTOR2 is using close to 100% of CPU, and that seems to be what's causing the freezings. Any way to fix it?

A lot of games take up close to 100% of the CPU, or at least they want to. :lol:

Not any tech help I'm afraid, but you're not the only one who has a lot of problems with those steamy areas. Some people think the patch made certain things worse - you could try reinstalling and playing without it just to see if it makes a difference.

You could try opening the SWKotor2.ini where you installed Kotor2 and then under [Graphics Options] add the line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 - that helps some people with other effect lag areas; doesn't help everyone. Still might be worth a shot.

Other than that you can really only avoid those vents if possible.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had the same problem when I had Anistropic filtering and, especially, anti-aliasing on. If you have either of those two effects turned up, turn them down to 1x.

If you don't have either gfx feature on... hmm, sorry, couldn't say except for the standard advice of make sure your gfx drivers are up to date, or try older KoTOR era drivers.