Editing sound files

Hello, I've heard everywhere that to simply listen to the wave files all you need to do is get the miles sound player and listen to them through that, or by changing the extention to .mp3

2 questions

1. I did the .mp3 file extention change and that didnt do anything.. windows media player couldnt read it

2. How would I go about editing the sound files like how the folks over at tubertarian.com did it? When I try to load it into any sound editing program, i dont get sqat. its all blank.

Thanks in advance! This has really been bothering the heck outta me to teh point where i actually registered!

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

What I did was just listen to them using WinAmp and then use a recorder to record what I was listening to.

Worked like a charm... besides the result was taking up a lil' bit too much space... :lol:

Others could record with lower harddisk required space; so it was prob. the program I used...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Hassat, not everyone can get WinAmp to play them. I still can't play the files in anything but Miles - and yes I tried renaming them and all that stuff.

At any rate, Maecon, if you want to edit the files, like Hassat said, you need a program that you can use to record them while they play in Miles or WinAmp or whatever works for you, then edit the recorded files. I don't know if there's any other way in this case - if there is I don't know of it.

If that interests you, WavePad is a good free recorder/editor.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hassat, not everyone can get WinAmp to play them. I still can't play the files in anything but Miles - and yes I tried renaming them and all that stuff.

Hmmm... most likely you don't have the extensions shown... not getting far without that... (Tools/Mapoptions/Hide extensions for known file types deselect)

And I much prefer WinAmp for playing and recording since you can just open all the files you want to record on the fly and record them; while with Miles you have to open file-by-file making recording without pauses and such alot more time consuming...

And thanks for that link; that program has proven pretty usefull to me (downloaded it after you linked to it in Skeeter's Junkyard)... thnx again! :lol:

^

I have all hidden files showing; it's the first thing I do when I install/reformat Windows. :)

I just seem to have a freakish Kotor2 game. I can't alter the .ini file (well I can, but it has no effect whatsoever), can't play the sound files w/out Miles... :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wasn't talking about hidden files; but about extensions.

If you view any MP3 in explorer do you see "*song name*" or "*song name*.mp3"?

What things do you try in the ini? Screenshots and such cannot be turned to 1? Don't forget to save the changes made before clicking the X; and check if the file isn't made "read-only"

^

Yes, I see the whole file name/extension, along with file type column and date modified.

My prntscrn button always works even if enablescreenshots=0; the vertical buffer line change does nothing. It's not on read-only. It seems to do nothing at all but record changes I make in-game.

Most of those program/mods that supposedly let you look at/read things like the dialog file in a certain order/way; they don't/can't see/read files, even tho they're right there, stuff like that. I just figured it was some weird California version thing or something odd like that. :D

K this is what you do:

Like LadyCrimson mentions, go download wavepad from the link she provided.

Launch miles sound tools and play whatever soundfiles you want. A combo of music, and voices can be done simultaneously

Use the Recordpad Sound Recorder, and set whatever necessary settings you need to record "What U Hear"

Whenever you reach the desired moment you want to record.. just click the record button!

Viola! You get this result:

http://rapidshare.com/files/2185930/Untitled_01.mp3.html