Torchwood

Sand

Okay,I just got done watching the first two episodes of Torchwood. My god, that show is well... Different. I hope this becomes a continuing series for a very long time. I highly suggest it to any of those who like British Scifi and drama.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I haven't seen it yet. Was hungover Sunday night. I think its sounds good, a sort of Angel to the Dr Who Buffy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That is somewhat of a good analogy. It is definitely not for children.

The way I see it Doctor Who is equally for children and adults who enjoy the genre, while Torchwood is clearly for the adults. There is a second spinoff series in the works dealing with Sarah Jane Smith, K9, and Sarah's neice in the works that is geared for the children fans of Doctor Who which would be interesting how they pull that off.

They kept in the spirit of Doctor Who and it has a few unsettling scenes that reminds me of the X Files. There are somewhat heavy sexual themes in the first two episodes, but not given the type of character Captain Jack Harkness is that is no surprise. Those who have a traditional conservative views would want to stir clear of this show.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Hmmm. Definitely sounds good. Hopefully I can catch a rerun on BBC 3.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

There is a second spinoff series in the works dealing with Sarah Jane Smith, K9, and Sarah's neice in the works that is geared for the children fans of Doctor Who which would be interesting how they pull that off.

Yeah, they tried a spin-off show with Sarah Jane and K9 in the eighties, called K9 and Company, which died a silent, ratingless death.

They kept in the spirit of Doctor Who and it has a few unsettling scenes that reminds me of the X Files.  There are somewhat heavy sexual themes in the first two episodes, but not given the type of character Captain Jack Harkness is that is no surprise.  Those who have a traditional conservative views would want to stir clear of this show.

Not surprising considering that Russell T Davies is an outspoken hoosexual activist who came to prominence with the critically-acclaimed Queer As Folk.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I saw the K9 and Company episode. I thought it was pretty decent.

I didn't know that about Russel T. Davies. Hmmm... Interesting.

You didn't notice the subtle-but-everpresent rainbow in the latest Doctor Who series? :lol:)

I must also point out (as would be known by anyone who watched Queer As Folk would know) Russell T Davies's Dr Who fan credentials are unimpeachable.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Odd coloration has always been a part of the Doctor Who series, since it began using color.

Edited by Sand

I have to say I was vastly underwhelmed. It had no particularly British flavour to it. Nor anything else to mark it out from a slew of 'secret organisations operating behind the scenes and solving crimes more suited to the local social services than a multi-million pound agency' shows. The whole defence of Earth rests on these cretins? We're really are screwed.

And the hopeless platitudes! If this show turns out to be a low-budget stargate then I'm not going to bother...

-Elwood Blues

Well, I'm enjoying it. So far it doesn't seem to be a low budget Stargate and well, I don't think that the local police can handle alien devices that can perceive future events or cybermen invasions. :(

Well, I'm enjoying it.  So far it doesn't seem to be a low budget Stargate and well, I don't think that the local police can handle alien devices that can perceive future events or cybermen invasions.  :thumbsup:

True. But the local police and social services are the right people to be dealing with 40 year old rape cases. Moreover I think it's extremely lame to put every neat gadget they find into cold storage because they themselves are too cretinous to immediately know how to use it.

Take the future predicting thing

even if you accept you can't stop what you see you can certainly take steps to ameliorate it. For example you know that one of your coleagues is going to accidentally stab someone. So you make sure they wear their least favourite clothes for a while, and have some body bags in the boot of the car along with some quicklime.

-Elwood Blues

That is Jack's call. He tends to be overly cautious. If it was up to the others I think they would keep it out for study.

If you ask me Jack's an idiot. He is all charismatic strutting about and no real leadership

-Elwood Blues

That is why I think that Gwen will eventually take over. She is a far smarter individual. Jack is too obsessed with his own problems to actually see straight on a few issues. I do like the

Doctor tie in with the hand though.

That was pretty good.

I think that might happen if they start to explore Gwen's Gweneth connection.

Hmmm. I see what you mean. That really would be interesting.

-Elwood Blues