KOTOR 2 ISSUES!!! PLZ HELP!

OK, so I installed my ATI 9200

When I got to the KOTOR 2 configuration it tells me that my graphics drivers are out of date, even when I just updated them, AND that computer is not even hooked up to the internet so I dont know how it can tell.

It also says that I need OPENGL 1.4.0

This have been giving me such a headache and its not even my game, I told my buddy I would help him out and I do not want to let him down now!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ;)

When I got to the KOTOR 2 configuration it tells me that my graphics drivers are out of date, even when I just updated them, AND that computer is not even hooked up to the internet so I dont know how it can tell.

This have been giving me such a headache and its not even my game, I told my buddy I would help him out and I do not want to let him down now!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :huh:

Hi and welcome to the Obsidian forums!

Im sure that the ppl in the "General Discussion - KotOR2" or maybe "Skeeters junkyard" can help you with your problem.

Good luck!

When you say you just updated them, do you mean with the CD that came with the card? Or from the internet? If you mean by the CD, well then thats probobly your problem. You either need to get that computer hooked up to the internet and update em, or you need to download the files on another computer that is online, and then transfer them to your computer and install.

The likelyhood is, is that your drivers are a bit out of date and so they dont support the Open GL properties of your card like they should. I've seen that message a bunch of times when my card's drivers were out of date.

I cant assure you thats the problem, but its definately a good place to start. If you can get your computer online I would also suggest patching the game. You can do that right from the start-up menu, it's an automatic process once you tell it to check for updates.

Oh and as far as wondering "How does it know that when I'm not even online?". Well, its not that your computer is telling you they're out of date, the game is. It's looking for the video properties it needs to run the game and it cant find em. So untill it can, you'll keep getting those error messages.

My advice: Next time buy a GeForce :) But meh, thats just me, alot of people like ATI's. So anyway, goodluck getting it up and running.

When you do get it fixed, I hope you enjoy the game. Oh and welcome to the Obsidian forums! :huh:

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :huh:

ATI's current catalyst drivers from their website do not support the 9200 if I recall. You need to search ATI's web page for legacy drivers.

• 4 weeks later...