Lionheart: LotC Question...

GreyOoze

It seems to have the post apocalyptic themes down but what are the game mechanic aspects, the rules system used? Is it governed more of the FPS style of Half Life 2 and Doom 3 or does it have a more CRPG feel, and if so is it action oriented (like Deus or JE) or traditional in its design (like Fallout or Silent Storm)?

Harvey

Hmm, Bioshock should be very nice in that aspect. It may not have SPECIAL, but the system should be similar enough in its implementation.

No kidding! Thinking about it a bit, doesn't the Biosphere gone awry setting kind of mimic a post-apocolyptic setting? Things have gone very bad, there's mutations going around, and people are scavenging to survive!.

Man, that has gotten me exited in Bioshock in totally new kind of way!

Yeah. I'm quite anticipating this game. The artstyle is very nice. The setting sounds neat.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm not big on the art from the screenies I've seen. I'd prefer something more realistic looking as far as the weapons and enemys go. However, that's not about to stop me from getting the game. ANd of course, once I am actually playing the game, the art may turn out to fight quote well in the atmosphere of the gameworld. And of course the screenies may not really be representative of the games actual content. (although if they are approved for release by the devs and publisher, one would think they would be).

Still, just taking the screenies entirely without context, I don't like art look.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Hmm, Bioshock should be very nice in that aspect. It may not have SPECIAL, but the system should be similar enough in its implementation.

No kidding! Thinking about it a bit, doesn't the Biosphere gone awry setting kind of mimic a post-apocolyptic setting? Things have gone very bad, there's mutations going around, and people are scavenging to survive!.

Man, that has gotten me exited in Bioshock in totally new kind of way!

Yeah. I'm quite anticipating this game. The artstyle is very nice. The setting sounds neat.

Game world seems very much like Deus Ex in implementation too. :shifty:

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I don't think the rules system has owt to do with it. We've played cyberpunk pnp with Vampire rules, and vice versa. No bother.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.