Rolling back drivers.

Daaave

OK, yesterday I got Rome: Total War installed it, everything was going well but when I started the game up properly all of the screens were magnified and loked like the resolution had been set to 640*480.

When I went to change the resolution however, it was set at 1024*768. I took a screenshot but when I pasted it into paint it looked normal. I've installed all patches, reinstalled and all that jazz but it stays the same. I figured it might be my drivers so I went to try and roll them back and I got a message saying "No driver files have been backed up for this device".

I'm using an Nvidia FX 5500 with the latest drivers and want to know if there is any where I can get the old drivers from to see if that fixes my problem.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

If you are downgrading an Nvidia driver, you'll have to use a tool called Driver Cleaner (google it) to make sure your newer driver is completely uninstalled. Here are the steps:

- Uninstall the NV drivers from Add/Remove Programs

- Restart your machine in Safe Mode

- Run Driver Cleaner, and make it earse all Nvidia graphics stuff (there should be an option to that effect)

- Restart again in normal mode, and install your favorite driver.

Thanks for the help guys, problem solved, the everything works perfectly now.

Thanks again.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.