KOTOR2 wont start

Hey i have a sound problem so hope any of you chould help me. I Click the button GAME which doest start the game anymore !! did once, the game just runs in the background, so i tryed to disable some stuff and when i came to Disable Sounds it worked ! <_< hm, what is a game without sounds? not funny so i updated Sound, GFX , DirectX , tryed to install the game with anti-virus turned off, no help :-( . So here i am . I'll just post my comp files

CPU

Minimum: Pentium III or Athlon

You Have: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ PASS

CPU Speed

Minimum: 1 Ghz

You Have: 2.16 GHz Performance Rated at 3.00 GHz PASS

System RAM

Minimum: 256 MB

You Have: 511.5 MB PASS

Operating System

Minimum: Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP (95 & NT not supported)

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS

Video Card

Minimum: 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compliant AGP or PCX 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability required.

You Have: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (GeForce FX 5200) PASS

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 128.0 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Rasterization: Required - yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - yes , You have - Yes

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.4523 FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.

DirectX Version

Minimum: 9.0c (included)

You Have: 9.0c PASS

Sound Card

Minimum: Yes

You Have: Vinyl AC'97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM) PASS

Sound Card Driver Version

Your driver version number is: 6.14.1.4090 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

CD

Minimum: 4X CD-ROM or DVD-ROM

You Have: LITE-ON LTR-52327S PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

I don't think you needed to post all those specs. But anyway, seems all fine except for a few points:

1 - How come you have 511.5 MB RAM and not 512?

2 - The NVidia 5200 should have 128MB memory... so you should be ok, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sound issues:

Keep looking for updates on your sound card. Does the game state any problems with your sound card? If it does then it might not be compatible (although 5.1 should always work)

Solution: Try to disable the EAX2 and set it either on EAX or just disable it and use the normal system sound device.

Try that.

Edited by Alec

1. As said; try updating Sound drivers.

Also note you have 45.23 for your video-card... That is WAY out of date (current drivers are 90+). Update to atleast 70 or higher

http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

1. As said; try updating Sound drivers.

Also note you have 45.23 for your video-card... That is WAY out of date (current drivers are 90+). Update to atleast 70 or higher

http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

Ye! Download the latest video drivers to fix further issues in the game since K2 is very bugged. NVidia doesn't state it, but video updates even fix various game issues for many games.

1. Alec i really dont know why i only have 511.5 RAM but cant be bad i guess .

2. How do i disable that EAX or EAX2 and Normal System ??? where ?

3. Hassat Hunter Thanks for reminding me about update for Nvidia hmm must have got an old version when i updated.

4.Thanks so far :huh:

I don't think you needed to post all those specs. But anyway, seems all fine except for  a few points:

1 - How come you have 511.5 MB RAM and not 512?

2 - The NVidia 5200 should have 128MB memory... so you should be ok, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sound issues:

Keep looking for updates on your sound card. Does the game state any problems with your sound card? If it does then it might not be compatible (although 5.1 should always work)

Solution: Try to disable the EAX2 and set it either on EAX or just disable it and use  the normal system sound device.

Try that.

I whould like to know more about that EAX thingy

You can either disable it ingame (options-audio) or by opening SWKotor2.ini (found in the map where you installed kotor2 (default= C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\SWKotOR2\swkotor2.ini))

and edit the following;

[sound Options]

EAX=2

to

[sound Options]

EAX=0

Also in the screen where you can disable all sounds (configure on the launcher) did you try Force Software Sound?

Edit; Fixed default path... should be correct now

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Hassat has answered your question... but I still can't understand why you have 511.5 MB RAM, it's something very unusual. Usaully the RAM which is missing is used if you have an integrated video card... but that's not your problem.

Can't figure it out.

They usually do, but I've seen a few with 256MB. Given its memory bandwith, it makes you wonder what the genius who designed that card was smoking. Bottleneck anyone? Hel-lo?

manthing2.jpg

They usually do, but I've seen a few with 256MB. Given its memory bandwith, it makes you wonder what the genius who designed that card was smoking. Bottleneck anyone? Hel-lo?

Probably they've been overclocked to 256MB. Only the NVidia 6 and 7 series have true 256MB support.