Fruastrated To The Max

My system lags incredibly bad during game play and only allows me to play for very short burst during, it's irritating i have 6 hours worth of save on peragus alone. My system read out is as follows.

Celeron 2ghz (old system ****ty chip but w'e)

1gb of RAM

Raedon 9250 (over clocked to 256)

40gb harddrive i'm sure the buffer is slow

I've run the system config test, i've got Catalyst 6.6 but I can't seem to get anything set right for the game to run smooth. Maybe the game doesn't support my card in fact i'm sure it doesn't it reads the card as Error 256mb or some crap like that but even at the lowest settings I can't seem to get anything to work right. it's slow, choppy, and annoying.

You could set graphics texture to lowest and disable movies to reduce the load on your computer. Try to change whatever settings from title menu of game to minimum. Could also disable frame buffer effects.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

You have downloaded patch update for game, right?

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Overclocking may cause an error and I think that the ATI 9250 may not even be supported coz I had the same problem with my ATI 9550 256MB (not overclocked) and it showed an error... so I had to change it...

Get NVidia, they are slightly better IMO or an ATI without the 50 (xx50)

Overclocking to 256 also probably isn't that effective. It sounds like a lot but 128 is enough to run most games. But it might just be a weak card no matter how you clock it.

I'd recommend upgrading the card, as the rest of the system isn't too bad. You can get a decent card for about $150.

Don't spend anymore money on that antique. The lack of an AGP slot is a serious impediment to decent gaming. No PCI card will give reasonable performance. Save up for a new proc/mobo/GPU. Kotor's requirements are modest and even a sub-500$ machine can run the game well.