Rome : Total War

Your **** is a part of my everyday life. I don't daydream about it.

I'm a total history buff and RTW along with it's various incarnations is like like mental masturbation for me. Of course nerd factor is high, masturbation is pretty much the lifeline of being nerd, duh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

But it's so hard to resist!

Problem with EB is that combining rebalanced units with the same stupid RTW AI makes for some crazy situations. Although it's better than playing Greeks in vanilla, where I position my units, go for a coffee break, come back and see piles of Gauls dead en route to the phalanx, in front of the phalanx, running away from the phalanx. O_o

Heh, Gauls are pretty much the universal punch bag in every other mod(and Vanilla) except EB.

I just wish they(EB devs) would concentrate on bugcrushing and polish and not try to forcefully introduce two new factions in 0.8. I can understand adding Saka-Rauka(because Yuezhi gets the boot), but an Arabian faction? Saba/Axum is fun and interesting but how is that relevant to the period?

Well, they do have separate teams for pretty much all parts(factions, playtesting, traits, etc) of the mod so maybe all hope is not lost.

Bestest mod since...anything.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

the only times I've EVER lost with the greeks was when I attacked archers (and only archers) of any kind.. mainly because they out run my troops so i"m trying to get into melee range and they just run and shoot.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

the only times I've EVER lost with the greeks was when I attacked archers (and only archers) of any kind.. mainly because they out run my troops so i"m trying to get into melee range and they just run and shoot.

I prefer using velites and the like instead of archers. Not as much ammo, but they've got a lot more pure damage. :thumbsup:

Did normal RTW have Cretan archers as mercs? I remember them being the ultimate archers. Not much could stand after four hails of firearrows. That had more to do with the lousy morale of units though.

kirottu said:

And Bastarnae(thracian sword guys with two hitpoints) and Sarmatian horsemen? My memory is pretty hazy.

kirottu said:

And Bastarnae(thracian sword guys with two hitpoints) and Sarmatian horsemen? My memory is pretty hazy.

Can't remember much about those two. I remember that there was a thracian sword unit that wore like zero armour except for a helmet and were damn hard to kill. I remember having a unit of 160 of them kill over 5000 people before it ended up being totally wiped out. I used them to chase down routing enemy units or to circle around and attack units engaged with my phalanxs to the rear in one game as the greeks. Can't remember their name though. :huh: