Wanted some advice

icebox15

I'm a senior getting ready to go to the North Carolina School of Communications after my last year. Is there a better place to go to for this and what should I be expected to encounter ( I can allready use auto-cad.)

iceman1731.jpg

Go to for what?  Communications?  What is the point of your post?  Is this what you call communication?

They offer a degree in animation there I think. Frankly I don't know what to do. I say I want to make video games for a living and all these back water red necks have no idea where I should go or what to do.

iceman1731.jpg

There are quite a few schools popping up with the programs you are looking for. I'd imagine speaking to the university about your goals is your best bet. If they aren't taking the animation industry seriously, then they are a bad university. One great thing you can start doing as an animator is creating an online portfolio. Just add to it over the years so when you graduate you have a great resume. How comfortable are you with your art skills?

There are quite a few schools popping up with the programs you are looking for.  I'd imagine speaking to the university about your goals is your best bet.  If they aren't taking the animation industry seriously, then they are a bad university.  One great thing you can start doing as an animator is creating an online portfolio.  Just add to it over the years so when you graduate you have a great resume.  How comfortable are you with your art skills?

I'm more comfortable with my creative skills, but I can learn any software equipment to draw on.

iceman1731.jpg