Str mod?

Okay, here is the question: I got a handmaiden who is a lvl 18 soldier and lvl 2 Jedi Guardian. With all the equipment and armor, she got a Strength of 19 which gives a str mod +4. But when I checked the combat breakdown, I found something strange. In the Attack Breakdown the Str mod is +4. But in the Damage breakdown, the Str mod is +6.

I've done some experiments, such as putting off all her armor, implants, etc so that her strength degraded to 15 with a str mod +2. Still, the str mod in the attack breakdown was +2 while +3 in the damage breakdown.

So, any clue about that? It seems that the str mod applied to the attack and damage are different. But I can't figure out the exact rule they used in this game.

Not the first time it has happened. Had a game where Kreia's Dex was at least 20 and above with her dex mod remaining at only +4 even with bonuses from items. And this was during Telos' Citadel Station with a lightside PC.

Tried to restart the game and found almost a similar observance for Kreia's dex again, which was months ago.

Don't seem to have it now, though.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Okay, here is the question: I got a handmaiden who is a lvl 18 soldier and lvl 2 Jedi Guardian. With all the equipment and armor, she got a Strength of 19 which gives a str mod +4. But when I checked the combat breakdown, I found something strange. In the Attack Breakdown the Str mod is +4. But in the Damage breakdown, the Str mod is +6.

I've done some experiments, such as putting off all her armor, implants, etc so that her strength degraded to 15 with a str mod +2. Still, the str mod in the attack breakdown was +2 while +3 in the damage breakdown.

So, any clue about that? It seems that the str mod applied to the attack and damage are different. But I can't figure out the exact rule they used in this game.

If you've given her a two-handed weapon (such as a double-lightsaber) then that explains it, since d20 rules state that you get a 50% increase to your damage modifier when using a two-handed weapon. Thus, +4 would become a +6. But your attack bonus does not change.

If you've given her a two-handed weapon (such as a double-lightsaber) then that explains it, since d20 rules state that you get a 50% increase to your damage modifier when using a two-handed weapon. Thus, +4 would become a +6. But your attack bonus does not change.

Actually she's using a one-handed weapon. But, yeah... It looks like exactly what happens on the mainhand when using a two-handed weapon.

vaxen83: I guess you gave Kreia an armor which has a maximum dex bonus +4. :D

Edited by bynna

Could it have something to do with the feats you've selected?

I've checked all the feats and powers being used. Havn't found anything related though...

Actually, could increase dex mod if str mod stays the same. Select finesse as another way of increaseing attack rate for sabers.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I don't wanna believe it is really a *bug*. Well, just hate the feeling that the underlaid rules remain unclear. Why did they just use a published ruleset such as Star wars D20, or even D&D (actually it is very similar to D&D)? :)

Edited by bynna

Might try reinstalling game and see if something similar to what you had occurs again.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧