Lightsaber?!

OK, I know I'm a bit late to the ballgame, but I'm playing Kotor2 for the first time. Yay, me.

Anyway, I've now completed a couple of planets, and I still don't have a lightsaber. I talk to the zabrak, and he keeps telling me that I still need a lens, but I look through my inventory, and I have six lenses!

What the heck do I need to do to build my lightsaber? I'm a level 13 freakin' Jedi Guardian, and I have no freaking lightsaber! What do I need to do to get Bao-Dur to recognize that I have six lenses and stop telling me that I still need a lens so I can build it?

Anyway, I've now completed a couple of planets, and I still don't have a lightsaber.  I talk to the zabrak, and he keeps telling me that I still need a lens, but I look through my inventory, and I have six lenses!

Impossible. You might have six lens upgrades, but you don't have six lenses. The way it works, is that you get a different part each time (emitter, fixture, lens).

Which planet are you on? There are several places where you can find that third part that you need.

What do I need to do to get Bao-Dur to recognize that I have six lenses and stop telling me that I still need a lens so I can build it?

Again, you do not have six lenses. You have six lens upgrades, which cannot be used as core parts for your lightsaber.

Impossible.  You might have six lens upgrades, but you don't have six lenses.  The way it works, is that you get a different part each time (emitter, fixture, lens). 

Ahhh, that makes sense. Currently I'm back on Citadel station, but I had already completed Telos, and I've also done all of Korriban (except the secret tomb in the skylock cave.) I hadn't decided yet where to go next, so I went back to Telos to try and wrap up some subquests.

So, where can I find a lens, or can I make one?

Edited by J-dawg

You are missing one part. The lens. You must have already gotten the part that Visas has. The final part will keep on spawning at one several preset points, until you get your lightsaber. It will not spawn on Telos.

Every planet has some preset spawn points: on Korriban, it's Ludo Kresh's coffin in the tomb in the SHyrack cave. On Dantooine, it will be in Jorran's inventory. On Dxun, you'll find it in a Cannok. On Nar Shadaa there are several points but the easiest is Vogga's vault. Just do the dancing girl/juma juice quest. You can do it as soon as you get to Nar Shadaa, without even fighting anyone.

It is normal to be around level 13-14 until you get your LS, since it happens on the first planet you visit after Telos.

Part #1 - Ithorian on Telos - after you help him with a couple of problems, he

gives you a part.

Salvager on Dantooine - The guy you rescue 1000 credits gets it from him

(not sure about this one but he does sell you a lightsaber part in the trade off)

Plus, one of the Female Salvagers is a trader and you can buy your Robe and

Crystals from her, as well as entering the Crystal cave for more crystals.

Dead salvager Will on Dantooine - get the part from turning in the salvager Will to the militia (you have to tamper with the Will, nets you dark side points if you do)

I have played the game 3 or 4 times now, and I always go to Dantooine after

Telos, so I can get my saber early in the game. Usually when I am about midway

done with Dantooine I have my saber. If your going to the dark side and plan on

killing the Jedi Masters, then you might want to rethink this. Varook is hard to kill

that early in the game.

Just a few suggestions and input, I may be wrong about some of it but thats

how I do it. Good luck

K2 was made in such a way that you will get those parts necessary for Bao-Dur to craft an initial lightsaber for you whichever planet you are on. So you will find the parts eventually, just need to do some necessary sidequests to obtain them. It is likely that K2's randomly generated item system is a bit hard to grasp.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

• 4 months later...