Titan Quest demo

http://www.fileshack.com/login.x?fid=8790 (you can do the non-registered download, it's twice as slow but you don't have to register)

For an action-RPG I like the setting and stuff, tho it looks pretty much like all the rest of it's genre. Downloading now but it's an hour to finish on the non-registered...heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

http://www.fileshack.com/login.x?fid=8790 (you can do the non-registered download, it's twice as slow but you don't have to register)

For an action-RPG I like the setting and stuff, tho it looks pretty much like all the rest of it's genre. Downloading now but it's an hour to finish on the non-registered...heh

I played through it. It seemed to be a dash of Diablo and a dash of Dungeon Siege. The levels weren't random ala DS and you didn't have a party ala Diablo. The character development could be interesting, but I'm not sure how that works (if multiclassing is possible or not).

(trying to go off memory, I can't remember any of the skill names)

I found the fire mage character to be the most powerful. The fire spells like the missles didn't seem very good. However, the one where you enchant your weapon with fire damage was good, as well as the one (stone form or something) where you become unable to move or attack but gain a huge healing regeneration rate and become invincible for some 30 odd seconds. With the combination of those two skills I really felt overpowered, which was a little dissapointing to me.

Overall I found it to a decent hack & slash, nothing really special but something that could keep entertained for awhile none the less.

Hmm...thanks for that review of the demo. That's pretty much what it looked like to me from the website/screenshots, but if it's done well, it could still be fun. One gets tired of playing D2 every time you want a hackslash fest.

Btw, the demo seems to have some pretty high system specs, just to let people know.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ok, I did the starter town and first main quest.

Feels more like Sacred to me...and by that I mean, it feels awkward control and viewpoint wise, even tho it's a familiar 3/4 top-down perspective. Visually not that impressive IMO, but not horrible either. Dont like the limited camera controls, can't evn rotate your view, this is 2006 not 1996.

Gameplay - eh, not enough to really tell, but certainly the typical action-rpg with skill points/skill trees etc. It would appear that you do not have pre-defined character classes ala Diablo but rather choose masteries as you lvl up and that defines what you are. From that it seems like maybe you could kinda dual class, if you picked one Mastery the first time and another the 2nd oppurtunity, but maybe that would gimp a character too much.

I'm not that impressed with the little bit I've seen so far.