NWN2 hardware requirement

Pagan

I agree, Darque was a bit off.  I find the typical console life expectancy to be 5 years.

Does it really freaking matter if it's 5 or 6? :thumbsup:

The point is that consoles are a better value and have longer use before you have to "upgrade" and the fact PC developers are always pushing (always always always) for higher and higher specs each game they make means the target audience keeps getting smaller and smaller :)

I agree, Darque was a bit off.  I find the typical console life expectancy to be 5 years.

Does it really freaking matter if it's 5 or 6? :thumbsup:

The point is that consoles are a better value and have longer use before you have to "upgrade" and the fact PC developers are always pushing (always always always) for higher and higher specs each game they make means the target audience keeps getting smaller and smaller :)

I guess an emoticon for sarcasm was required.

Sorry.

Curious Hades, what else do you use your computer for?

Oh, there is to much to list. I use Office programs for various sundries I do desktop publishing for various things. I use my computer to watch television shows, listen to music, and the such. I use it as a photocopier thanks to a scanner and my printer. I got graphic editing tools that I use on a rare occasion. I use it for communications such as the Internet and teleconferencing for long distance PnP gaming on occasion.

You can't do that on a console.

Edited by Judge Hades

Curious Hades, what else do you use your computer for?

Oh, there is to much to list. I use Office programs for various sundries I do desktop publishing for various things. I use my computer to watch television shows, listen to music, and the such. I use it as a photocopier thanks to a scanner and my printer. I got graphic editing tools that I use on a rare occasion. I use it for communications such as the Internet and teleconferencing for long distance PnP gaming on occasion.

You can't do that on a console.

But, do you need to buy Radeon X700 Pro graphics cards to use that stuff?

So for the price of a PS 3 or an X Box 360 with some games I can use all the software I had before and play the newer games that hasn't come out yet for the next 2 to 3 years.

Siounds like a better investment than a lame console.

EDIT: I just tone down the settings, Alan. No biggee.

Edited by Judge Hades

He'll still be able to use it as a photocopier, though.
He could still use a Pentium II as a photocopier as well.

If you don't want windows XP and just want an internet explorer, you can get away with stuff that is practically 10 years old. Same goes for word processing.

So for the price of a PS 3 or an X Box 360 with some games I can use all the software I had before and play the newer games that hasn't come out yet for the next 2 to 3 years.

Siounds like a better investment than a lame console.

EDIT:  I just tone down the settings, Alan.  No biggee.

You don't have much to tone down.

So, Hades, do you buy the latest graphics cards when they're just released?

I could get a PS2 for little more than 100$ and catch on 5 yrs of console titles if I wanted.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)