Favourite Rock Bands

[rant]

And another thing!

I do not buy the popular sentiment that Bad Religion's later albums are not as good as the early stuff. It is a pretty sell-out move to leave your own label (widely regarded as the apex of punk rock) to get distributed by a major, but that doesn't mean the quality went down. I think Stranger than Fiction is *the best* Bad Religion album, better than Suffer - the groundbreaking one.

I would think Greg Graffin's five-syllable-words-in-a-punk-rock-song strategy would appeal to you, Baley. It's inspired many punks to pick up a dictionary to just know what the hell he's talking about.

And why the hell can't I find a Nomeansno CD anywhere? Isn't Jello paying the bills at Alternative Tentacles anymore?

[/rant]

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

And why the hell can't I find a Nomeansno CD anywhere? Isn't Jello paying the bills at Alternative Tentacles anymore?

I think they left AT a couple of years ago. And the records are probably out of print anyway. You might find The People's Choice in stores, it's a remastered best of compilation. Pretty decent, but the songs were chosen by the fans, so a lot of great tunes aren't to be found.

I like Bad Religion, I just happen to find their later albums too refined for my punk tastes.

The production values went up, but that only helped their "oohs" and "ahhhs" sound better. And they refuse to lose these guitarists, so they have three guitarists now in a punk rock band.... you're gonna need the refined production to differentiate 'em.

Still, I hear your point. Their later stuff is so polished it makes Boston sound like A.C.

(obvious exaggeration)

It's a matter of taste, and I'll agree to disagree on this instance.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs