Echo voices...

Background about me:

I know enough about computers to do basic tech support.

I don't know enough to be a Tier 2 tech support.

This means I can follow instructions but might not always understand what I'm doing.

The situation:

Lost my old computer.

Bought a new one.

Bought and ran KOTOR2 with no update.

Loved it.

Motherboard fried in certain areas.

Video card not compatible with fried motherboard though it worked before the fry.

Found my old computer.

Inserted new video card into old computer.

Installed KOTOR2.

The problem:

The first time I ran KOTOR2, certain things happened.

1) I could save before opening a "chest", open it, and if I didn't like it, reload the game to see what else I could get. Each time was a different item. I liked this feature.

2) Voices would sound normal.

This time:

1) The open chest trick only works for the first time I load into a floor. If I save before opening and reload, it's always the same item. To have the item change again, I need to reload before I entered the floor, and re-enter the floor. This causes a floor-wide item reboot. I don't want floor wide. I just want to be able to save after I've entered the floor and be able to reload to get new items.

2) Voices have an echo. While talking on Peragus, there is a metal echo from the voices. The same echo is heard in all planets, even Dxun, which is a whole forest. This isn't how it used to work.

Can anyone suggest something please?

Rather can anyone suggest how to fix the problems without causing my system to blow up? :p

Thanks.

Well if your just going to exploit the loot system and get want you like/want anyway. Downlad KSE (KotoR Savegame Editor) and just load in the items you want.

As for the voices. Thats because you have an EAX issue. The EAX sound gets stuck some times and you have to manualy set it to default (off) again even if it is default. Go to start-> Program Files-> Creative-> Sound Blaster Live/Audigy-> Creative AudioHQ. In there open the EAX link and set the three to: 0.0db, Infinty, Infinity....save that profile as "No Effect". The problem will clear up.

Edited by shadowriath

This is what I have.

programfiles.jpg

With regards to the soundblaster, where to now?

I'm pretty sure I use an onboard sound card.

I did in the newer computer as I do now in the old.

Will the KSE cause the saved game to show up as Cheat Used.

After playing for the 3rd time, I made a character and used the codes from GameFAQs to get items.

Made the game put Cheat, so I just deleted it and remade the character.

Would you know where I can find KSE without any viruses?

Edited by Rotschreck

Will the KSE cause the saved game to show up as Cheat Used.

After playing for the 3rd time, I made a character and used the codes from GameFAQs to get items.

Made the game put Cheat, so I just deleted it and remade the character.

Would you know where I can find KSE without any viruses?

The KSE will not make game show cheat used...

(in fact you can use it to get ride of that... :shifty: )

As for the download, I have never heard of anyone getting a virus from the KSE... :huh:"

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The sound your hearing is 3D audio reverb. EAX is the only sound systemt hat does that and is exclusive to Creative Labs/Sound Blaster.

If you don't have one of their cards..then I have no clue how your even able to get that sound produced.

Post your hardware specs.