Pics of your games: Reloaded

Bokishi

Pwnd! :angry:

YOU FREAKING JERK. YOU JUST SPOILED HL2 FOR ME.

Thats what you get for not backing me up when it came to my parking ticket goverment man, aka GMan (no relation to GMan on HL2 of course).

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

In the end, I think I might end up giving SR2 the pass anyway. The dynamic world seems nice, but apparently the gameplay itself is lacking (combat isn't that engaging, or so I've heard). Also, I'm not sure I really feel like playing a sandbox game right now. I'm more into goal-directed gaming, which usually doesn't consist of finding good trade routes or striving for better equipment. Heh, I barely have enough time for my current games, anyway.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The dynamic world seems nice, but apparently the gameplay itself is lacking (combat isn't that engaging, or so I've heard).

The gameplay is anything but lacking. Like Escape Velocity: Nova, this game thrives on it's accessible and fun gameplay. In fact, you could say it's like Championship Manager - a little bit of micro-management...and a whole lot of of non-stop addictive fun! The gameplay is simple and so addictive, that you can't stop playing it. And if you can't stop playing it, it has to be engaging.

--

In the end, I think I might end up giving SR2 the pass anyway.

Don't be a Commie!

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

The dynamic world seems nice, but apparently the gameplay itself is lacking (combat isn't that engaging, or so I've heard).

The gameplay is anything but lacking. Like Escape Velocity: Nova, this game thrives on it's accessible and fun gameplay. In fact, you could say it's like Championship Manager - a little bit of micro-management...and a whole lot of of non-stop addictive fun! The gameplay is simple and so addictive, that you can't stop playing it. And if you can't stop playing it, it has to be engaging.

--

In the end, I think I might end up giving SR2 the pass anyway.

Don't be a Commie!

YOU're the Commie.

I'm not convinced yet. Coop would have made this a lot more attractive. If coop is the only thing keeping me away from a purchase, as opposed to gameplay and gameplay alone interesting me, there's the question of whether I'll find this compelling enough on its own. I am *not* a usual fan of sandbox games. You couldn't pay me to play a MMORPG or another TES game, the Sims or whatever crap.

Maybe eventually, but not now. This is what happens when companies don't bother with demos. Lost potential sales.

I'll be reading more reviews, actually. You losers should be writing some, anyway.

I'm quite skeptical of the supposedly subpar translation as well.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

Also: @Alanschu, Hades, Llyanor or anyone else romotely interested.

Video w/ melodramatic narrator

omg, that looks like fun :D

As a human, are you shackled with that creepy looking man or do you have other character portrait choices? :)

As requested:

sr2humancharportraits.jpg

--

Also Darque, these guys & gals are non-static, twitching portraits ala Fallout convos. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

I've not had much time to get enough play to warrant a review. It's neat that you can choose to log/keep important news bits in an ad hoc journal at the bottom of the screen.

I'm not sure yet though, how I want to play through the game. I'm a human "pirate," though my class seems to have changed to Burglar for some reason.

I've not had much time to get enough play to warrant a review.  It's neat that you can choose to log/keep important news bits in an ad hoc journal at the bottom of the screen.

I'm not sure yet though, how I want to play through the game.  I'm a human "pirate," though my class seems to have changed to Burglar for some reason.

I experienced something like that with my char. I'm not sure whether it's a bug, or if it's to do with how you play. I created a "mercenary" char (and I know it gave me the merc stats/equip since I started out with the worn equip, minerals in the hold and good relations), but for some reason I was put down as a "figthter". But after doing a series of mercenary missions for the Moloqs it changed to "mercenary"! Wo-hoo! I guess you should try doing pirately things like extorting and stuff.

Also: How do you get those uber titles like "Magnate", "Hero" or "Dealer"?

manthing2.jpg

Hmm.

I shall rethink this, but at some other time when I'm less busy, and when I get pass the current gaming bottleneck I'm in. Besides, Airborne Assault: Conquest of the Aegean is my next priority purchase.

I'll be waiting for your review too, alanschu, because you're an important person in my heart.

Hadescopy.jpg

So, I'm guessing that picking this(SR 2) up for 24 euros isn't that bad all?

It's starting to look interesting.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've not had much time to get enough play to warrant a review.  It's neat that you can choose to log/keep important news bits in an ad hoc journal at the bottom of the screen.

I'm not sure yet though, how I want to play through the game.  I'm a human "pirate," though my class seems to have changed to Burglar for some reason.

I experienced something like that with my char. I'm not sure whether it's a bug, or if it's to do with how you play. I created a "mercenary" char (and I know it gave me the merc stats/equip since I started out with the worn equip, minerals in the hold and good relations), but for some reason I was put down as a "figthter". But after doing a series of mercenary missions for the Moloqs it changed to "mercenary"! Wo-hoo! I guess you should try doing pirately things like extorting and stuff.

Also: How do you get those uber titles like "Magnate", "Hero" or "Dealer"?

You will get those titles depend on your reputation and ranks, once you gain enough exp (by fighting Dominators/Klissans and pirates) you can visit the military base to get promoted.

spaceranger0aq.jpg