Blank Screen Before Jedi Enclave

I have found all the Jedi needed to call the enclave together on Dantoine and Kreia has told me I need to call them together. I just finished the second Oderran segment (supporting the Queen). I finish that area, get into the Ebon Hawk and can fly anywhere but when I go to Dantoine the screen just goes blank when I try to exit the Ebon Hawk.

I have tried reloading from the middle of the second Oderran (sorry for the probably misspelling) and moving to the same point from there but I had the same issue. I also have tried going to another planet and then going to Dantoine but I have the same problem everytime I arrive on Dantoine and go to leave the Ebon Hawk (I have also tried varying the people chosen to leave the ship including having the Exile go solo).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For background:

I installed the game about 3 weeks ago and did the automatic update/patching.

I am not sure how to do the specs listed by others but here is a basic description of my computer:

Dimesion 5150 Computer

Processor Intel

I just saw this post but am too computer illiterate to know what it means when talking about map files:

got the problem that when I return for a second time to Dantooine my screen goes black after choosing the characters at the exit of the Ebon Hawk.

To prevent this from happening, delete the files starting with 6 and the letters DAN in the gameinprogress map just BEFORE you press the OK button to leave the Ebon Hawk.

You have to ALT-TAB out of the game back to windows, go to the swkotor2 game map where there is a map called gameinprogress and after deleting the files ALT-TAB back into the game and hit the OK button.

It works, but for now I haven't got a clue as to how much it will make a mess of the storyline, because in essence you will have deleted most if not everything that happened on Dantooine before.

Is this something I will be able to figure out just messing around in the folders? (I am not able to access them until tomorrow). If this requires an editor of some kind I also would have no idea about how to find that etc. Thanks in advance for any helpful thoughts or advise.

Edited by help please!

I would do what was suggested...

You could also check to see if Team Ginza has a fix for the problem...

Deadly_Nightshade

Hey nightshade, it's Gizka. I noticed you've been saying ginza all day.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

I would do what was suggested...

You could also check to see if Team Ginza has a fix for the problem...

Deadly_Nightshade

Hey nightshade, it's Gizka. I noticed you've been saying ginza all day.

D***!

Thanks for the heads up...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I believe this specific issue has been fixed in 1.0B... But since it WILL generate other problems

Use at your own risk!

Is that 1.0B of the latest comperehensive Gizka mod patch?

Also, what other problems would that generate? I don't like the sound of that!

I am assuming no special programs are needed to do the deletions referenced in the second post on this thread?

(Thanks for the helpful posts!)

It is 1.0B released by Obsidian. Use the auto-updater or click the sticky "Kotor2 Patch" at the top of the Technical Section

It creates one Game-stopping bug (you can find a fix for it at the site of Team Gizka, see sticky in General) and several other smaller bugs, which you might not even notice if you aren't a fervent gamer...

And IF you wanted to delete the 1.0B if it goes wrong all you need to do is Re-Install Kotor2...

OK - here is my problem now.

You have to ALT-TAB out of the game back to windows, go to the swkotor2 game map where there is a map called gameinprogress and after deleting the files ALT-TAB back into the game and hit the OK button.

I alt-tab out of the game and go back to windows. However, I have no idea how to go to the swkotor2 game map. I found a file called "lips" that contains files with 6Dan... but deleting these did not resolve the issue. How do I go to the game map?

Thanks again in advance.

Sounds like a Hoax to me...

And you should do good in return the deleted files... unless you love having more trouble, as these lip files are NEEDED

I did restore them immediately.

I also tried the ones from the module files (and restored those).

I am just not savvy enough to even know what the game map is or what "gameinprogress" really means. A couple mentioned this idea on one of the larger threads here so I am hopeful that it is not a hoax and is legit but I just don't know what I'm doing!

I have updated and patched through the automatic updater on the game but am still having the same problem. :luck:

yes... there is a "current game" and "gameinprogress" map when playing the game... but it seems unwise to mess with it...

Better (less risk) should be to cheat yourself to the Dantooine surface...

Open SWKotor2.ini and under [GameOptions] add

CheatsEnabled=1

Now inside the game use ~ to open the console (NOTE: Not visible... so you have to type blind) and use the "jump to Dantooine cheat"... I'll see if I can find the exact cheat...

EDIT: Warp 601DAN

Edited by BattleCookiee

Still having the same problem. I got the cheat codes enabled and was able to warp (for example warped to the sky ramp on Onderon) but when I try to warp to 601DAN it just gives the same blank screen as before. I warped to 602DAN successfully but then when I left the building it gave the blank screen. It looks like it is locking up when a cut scene or movie tries to load.

I also tried configuring it to skip movies and that didn't help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am getting very frustrated.

Try skipping to the Academy front map right away (where the smuggler lady sells crystals)...

I believe it will be 603DAN

There is absolutely nothing to do on the original map (601) anyway for this second run, and you won't return there again after the meeting either

Edited by BattleCookiee

Try skipping to the Academy front map right away (where the smuggler lady sells crystals)...

I believe it will be 603DAN

There is absolutely nothing to do on the original map (601) anyway for this second run, and you won't return there again after the meeting either

I did that and when I left the screen it went blank. Did it a second time and hit a force power and it triggered what I assume is the appropriate camera panning over the enclave which opened the side door and allowed the game to continue. Many thanks for your persistent help!

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem as the person who originally posted this thread. I have tried everything previously mentioned earlier (1.0b, ATI card updated), but I still can't advance in the game. Two things stood out that I wanted to ask about, though. I do have cheats enabled so I am able to warp to different places of the game. 603DAN got me to the movie terminal, but I wasn't able to go anywhere afterwards. The thing that stood out on that was my position did not match my position on the map radar. It was like I was off by 10-15 meters. The second thing that wasn't mentioned before was when the game freezes black during a transition my CPU usage jumped to 100%. I'm only a novice at computers, but I feel that everything on my end is working as it should be and is up to date, too. I'm very close to the end of the game and really want to finish it. Am I missing something?

My mistake (note the "I believe")... here are the exact Warpcodes:

601DAN Dantooine - Khoonda Plains

602DAN Dantooine - Khoonda

603DAN Dantooine - Khoonda Plains Cutscenes [8]

604DAN Dantooine - Crystal Cave

605DAN Dantooine - Enclave Courtyard

610DAN Dantooine - Enclave Sublevel

650DAN Dantooine - Rebuilt Jedi Enclave