Movies crash the game

I've installed KOTOR II and everything worked fine, but after creating a character and seeing the intro movie, and going into "Ebon Hawk in the asteroids" I got a black screen, and then a restart of the system. This started happening in KOTOR I too, when trying to play a movie, after changing the 17" CRT monitor for the 19" LCD monitor. Here are the system specs:

Pentium 2.4 GHz

512 MB DDR RAM

ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128 MB

Could've changing the monitor affected this? (btw, the LCD is plugged into the digital port)

Thanks in advance,

Xenon

Go to your cofiguration and disable movies

Of course, I forgot to mention, it works, but alas, doesn't let me exit the game without rebooting. Also is renaming wnaspi.dll safe for XP? (I've got one 1/3 save)

EDIT: I was just playing for around 2 and a half hours without any problems (and no movies, missed some important sequences) and I even managed to exit without crashing and rebooting.

EDIT2: I solved it by updating my video card drivers. Everything works great now.

Edited by Xenon

I've installed KOTOR II and everything worked fine, but after creating a character and seeing the intro movie, and going into "Ebon Hawk in the asteroids" I got a black screen, and then a restart of the system. This started happening in KOTOR I too, when trying to play a movie, after changing the 17" CRT monitor for the 19" LCD monitor. Here are the system specs:

Pentium 2.4 GHz

512 MB DDR RAM

ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128 MB

Could've changing the monitor affected this? (btw, the LCD is plugged into the digital port)

Thanks in advance,

Xenon

Maybe T3 was tired of going through the intro?? :-

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus