We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Combat

Ginny

On Telos, outside the cantina, a poor Sullustan was being hassled by some mercenaries.

Being the perky and sweet Exile that I am, I rushed to his assistance. Just as the combat began, and I clicked on my first force power, the game broke off into a movie of Nihilous and Visas (the one where Visas gets choked). Is that normal? or is my save bugged? :) After the movie finished, I was still paused just after the first power activated. I finished the combat and went on my merry way. Has this happened to anyone else?

And speaking of that movie. Nihilous sure has a creepy voice. I think it would have worked better if he sounded like adults on the Peanuts (Snoopy/Charlie Brown) specials:

Visas: 'Come on, I will hold it this time.'

Nihilous: Waw Wahh, Wahh Waaaaw, Wahhh, Waaa.'

Visas: 'Really, I won't pull it away.'

Nihilous runs to try and kick the football and Visas wisks it away at the last second causing him to sprawl out on the ground...

Edited by Ginny

On Telos, outside the cantina, a poor Sullustan was being hassled by some mercenaries.

Being the perky and sweet Exile that I am, I rushed to his assistance. Just as the combat began, and I clicked on my first force power, the game broke off into a movie of Nihilous and Visas (the one where Visas gets choked). Is that normal? or is my save bugged? :) After the movie finished, I was still paused just after the first power activated. I finished the combat and went on my merry way. Has this happened to anyone

Not unusual at all.

The movie where Visas detects your presence occurs once you become sufficiently light or dark, and there's no delay once you get the requisite number of LS or DS points.

What happened in your case, was that you intervened, and as the good guy, got a LS point for intervening in the first place. Once you got that point, time froze, and you were taken to that movie scene.

BTW, this must mean that you did just about everything as a LS'er. Usually, when I go that path, I don't get that movie scene until after refusing the reward from the Sullustan!