Wikipedia

Cantousent

I use it all the time, in fact, everytime Im not 100% sure what something is, I look it up. And when Im bored ill just go there and look at the featured articles.

p.s

skeletor could kick hemans bum any day of the week even if heman is played by Dolph Lundgren

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I regularly use wikipedia to gather information, mainly as a jumping off point. I start with the information that has been posted there and then move on to the sources that it cites and go from there.

I used it as a source in my major history essay a couple weeks ago that I got 90% on. None of my teachers seem to have a problem with it. :thumbsup:

I only use it at night since my Crown of Knowledge gets its power from the sun. The rest of the time I ask my butler Jeeves.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

My answer would be: No.

If I want information on something I just Google it...the links it gives me (that I click on as being promising) have not yet led to Wiki. Therefore, I assume it wouldn't be very useful to me personally.

Either that, or I use one of my many reference books sitting my bookshelves.

I can code a webpage that links to a picture of the Goatse-man that comes up using any terms you desire on Google. :)"

Just because Wiki pages don't come up doesn't mean they're not reliable, it means that they don't Googlebomb.

I mainly use it to get a clue about things I have no clue about to begin with. But I haven't used it as a definite source for anything (except quotes for boards).

^ same for me

i guess the next thing i would do is use the google search engine, but with that you need to shift through some stuff in order to get a simple basic definition of something. so i think wikipedia is helpful in the speed and availability factors of unofficial researching.

I use it alot . but like others have said, only to get an idea about a subject .. I think it's a great site!

I wouldn't stretch as far as calling it great, although I do use it too. As you say it's okay to get a rough idea, but when you check out things that you already know about you frown at all the misconceptions and inaccurate information.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Oh, there are actual mistakes, but it provides an excellent frame of reference. I don't use it very often personally, but I will use it from time to time. This is especially true if I haven't even heard of something.

To be fair, however, I mostly use it when other folks link to it. meta, anyone? Where is the bastard, anyhow. He lurves wiki

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Meta has...a real life. He'll be back soon enough.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds