Droid keeps freezing on me

I'm trying to get back to the Ebon Hawk, and right now I'm playing as the droid. The droid keeps freezing up on me! I'll start the game, he'll move normally for a little while, and then he'll stop responding to the arrow keys (which I set to contol up, down, left, and right). Everything else -- camera, mouse, etc. -- works fine.

• 5 years later...
I'm trying to get back to the Ebon Hawk, and right now I'm playing as the droid. The droid keeps freezing up on me! I'll start the game, he'll move normally for a little while, and then he'll stop responding to the arrow keys (which I set to contol up, down, left, and right). Everything else -- camera, mouse, etc. -- works fine.

the same thing is happening to me. ive reinstalled numerouse times and even tried different installations of the game.

Are you playing the Prologue?

Because, you know, the Prologue can be skipped...

Other than that, T3-M4 can "freeze" after a combat and stop responding to arrow keys... You have to save and re-load to unstuck him.

Edited by Togruta

Are you playing the Prologue?

Because, you know, the Prologue can be skipped...

Other than that, T3-M4 can "freeze" after a combat and stop responding to arrow keys... You have to save and re-load to unstuck him.

hi and thanks. yes i have saved and restarted and he still keeps frezzing. what do you mean about the prologue. ive started the game from begining were he`s on the abandoned ship and finds the old lady in the morgue. thanks again.

hi and thanks. yes i have saved and restarted and he still keeps frezzing. what do you mean about the prologue. ive started the game from begining were he`s on the abandoned ship and finds the old lady in the morgue. thanks again.

When you say he "still keeps freezing", do you mean he's already stuck from the moment you load the game or does he freeze only a few moments after that? As I said, T3-M4 freezes during/after combat, you actually may have to repeat the procedure after each combat... Sometimes, you may even have to quit the application completely. Luckily, you won't have to control him for a long time...

Edited by Togruta

When you say he "still keeps freezing", do you mean he's already stuck from the moment you load the game or does he freeze only a few moments after that? As I said, T3-M4 freezes during/after combat, you actually may have to repeat the procedure after each combat... Sometimes, you may even have to quit the application completely. Luckily, you won't have to control him for a long time...

hi. i battle some robots with him after i go down the one slope into the rooms and everything is fine. when i go into thefirst room battle the two robots there. he stops moving. he spins but wont go forward or back. when i click on the next door with mouse he goes to it and i can open it but after that he wont move anywhere and im stuck right there and he just spins. ive saved and restarted multiple time with same results. thanks

hi. i battle some robots with him after i go down the one slope into the rooms and everything is fine. when i go into thefirst room battle the two robots there. he stops moving. he spins but wont go forward or back. when i click on the next door with mouse he goes to it and i can open it but after that he wont move anywhere and im stuck right there and he just spins. ive saved and restarted multiple time with same results. thanks

What you describe is exactly the problem I encounter every now and then: T3 won't move after battling other droids, but is able to move when you click on a door or a footlocker. But in my case, saving and reloading does the trick. (that is, saving at the exact point where he's frozen, not loading a save at a previous point)

If T3 remains stuck after reloading, and even after saving>quitting to Windows>reloading, then it's weird...

A solution that comes to mind is simply to avoid the battle altogether and just move on to the next room.

Edited by Togruta

exactly. thanks very much for the replies. now that i think aboutit, im not sure if i restarted from previouse save OR when he stopped moving. i will try that and atlleast let you know if it works that way. i sure hope so cause its at the beginning. thanks again.

exactly. thanks very much for the replies. now that i think aboutit, im not sure if i restarted from previouse save OR when he stopped moving. i will try that and atlleast let you know if it works that way. i sure hope so cause its at the beginning. thanks again.

hi. well i restarted from "the point of freeze" and lo and behold it worked when i restarted. thanks so much for the idea. greatly appreciated. thanks.

• 2 months later...
I have the same issue, but when I save and reload it's still bugged. Exiting game and loading lets me move for about 10 seconds before it acts up again.

yea . i finally just erased the game cause i got tired of it. oh well, theres plenty more to play.

How do I contact Obsidian tech support?

I don't think tech support even exists anymore for K2...

Anyway they couldn't help you. This is a bug and since it wasn't fixed in any patch, it isn't fixable at all.

As I said, it's only a moderately annoying bug... You won't have to control T3 for more than 15-20 minutes if I recall correctly AND you can actually avoid fighting other droids... It's a bit ridiculous to say that this bug detracts you from progressing into the game...

Edited by Togruta

How do I contact Obsidian tech support?

I don't think tech support even exists anymore for K2...

Anyway they couldn't help you. This is a bug and since it wasn't fixed in any patch, it isn't fixable at all.

As I said, it's only a moderately annoying bug... You won't have to control T3 for more than 15-20 minutes if I recall correctly AND you can actually avoid fighting other droids... It's a bit ridiculous to say that this bug detracts you from progressing into the game...

It is if I gotta reload the game client 20-30 times. This bug also affects my main character too.

Put Vsync on.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee