Comparing graphics cards

SteveThaiBinh

Is there any upgrade from a 6800GT thats worth buying these days? I have a AGP 8x slot

...not really in AGP...X850XT PE is prolly the best yer gonna get in AGP, and it ain't that much of a leap... :)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

They sold me my computer, so they'll probably know if I have enough power.  I'll order it in the morning.  I need a good night's sleep before I can face Novatech's customer service. :ph34r:

Steve, if you don't have the cash burning a hole in your wallet, you might like to take a look at Custom PC's site.

They present the best card at three different price points:

Edited by metadigital

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

But the ridiculous things is that theyve got an even fattter one... A 7800GT DUAL whiuch is essentially two 7800GT cards crammed into one big mofo

http://www.datorbutiken.com/se/default.php?artId=ASN78GTDUAL

its priced at around 900

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's coming this month. They want to compete with the x1800.

Yeah, it was a review of the X1800 that mentioned the lack of a 512MB Nvidia ...

Still the X1800 has Anti-aliasing support for the Shader Model 3.0 (which NVidia doesn't), BUT, nVidia is about to launch a card with Shader Model 4.0 ...

I'm planning on buying new hardware in about six months (after the Xmas rush and during the sales, probably); I fully intend to turn it into a work of art, with a custom case mod and water cooling (is there a better coolant, WITHOUT using liquid Nitrogen? :))

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes, that is what I meant. 64 bit HDR support. Very clever, young Skywalker, to notice the obviously deliberate mis-step. Temporal AA and Adaptive AA (equivalent to nVidia's Super Sampling Transparency AA) and Angel-invariant Anisotropic Filtering. Ultra-Threading Dispatch Processor. H.264 compression technology for HD-DVD / Blu-ray, de-interlacing, scaling ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I would heartily recommend that 6800 Ultra! I didn't think you could go that high in price though, or I would have suggested it. It's a huge card though, make sure you have room for it (sometimes it collides with your CPU fan or forces some smaller PCI cards out of the way).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Im stuck getting a 3.4 prescott 478 pin Intel P4

That will be my last upgrade. Its discouraging how slow p4's go downm in price compared to AMD's

Without knowing off-hand, can a Pentium M fit your motherboard?

Alternatively, you might want to look at the latest Custom PC for for cooling ideas: you can replace the Intel stock cooler (heat sink fan) with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 (

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I would heartily recommend that 6800 Ultra! I didn't think you could go that high in price though, or I would have suggested it. It's a huge card though, make sure you have room for it (sometimes it collides with your CPU fan or forces some smaller PCI cards out of the way).

That's what I'll do. I'll ask them about the size, as I got the computer from them in the first place. I'll have to look out my order number and stuff. :( It will be nice to play games with a bit less jerkiness. I might even give VtM:B another run. ;)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Im stuck getting a 3.4 prescott 478 pin Intel P4

That will be my last upgrade. Its discouraging how slow p4's go downm in price compared to AMD's

Without knowing off-hand, can a Pentium M fit your motherboard?

Alternatively, you might want to look at the latest Custom PC for for cooling ideas: you can replace the Intel stock cooler (heat sink fan) with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 (

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig