More Revolution Stuff.

A Nintendo of Europe executive has stated that the company is staying well out of the scrap over who's got the most powerful next-gen console, and has no plans to start piling in.

In an interview with Dutch magazine [N]Gamer, senior director of marketing Jim Merrick is quoted as saying: "Regarding the specifications, we will probably never 'release' this information as we feel that it is largely irrelevant.

"While some of our competitors enjoy comparing specifications, it has little or nothing to do with how satisfied the consumers will be with the system and the games once they are released."

Advertisement

And there was no budging him, either: "I know people are hungry for information on Revolution and we respect and appreciate that, but we don't want to contribute to the cloud of meaningless information that surrounds the next generation systems." What, you mean it's not "a living entertainment experience powered by human energy that revolves around you and makes you at the center of your experience," like Peter Moore's vision of X360, Jim? For shame.

Merrick said the development of Revolution instalments in the Zelda, Mario, Metroid Prime and Smash Brothers series is "progressing well", and reaffirmed that not all games will use the "freehand" style remote controller - there's the "classic-style expansion controller" as well, of course.

"This option is there for new games that will be created that are most suited to a traditional style of controller. We are not trying to say that the

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I take that to mean that the "original" style controller will be included with the system or at least included with a big game release a la rumble pack/expansion pack for N64

Probably Nintendo love packing new gadgets along with games like those bongo drums :shifty:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm guessing we're looking at a Holiday 06 release

I just hope thats not to late

Hard to say since they are playing their cards so close to their chests. I was reading the Eurogamer forum and a couple of people are getting fed up with the same old stuff so it could be time for a change and Nintendo have been pretty good at capitalising on it.

I keep having dreams about how I could use a revolution controller :(

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

Hard to say since they are playing their cards so close to their chests. I was reading the Eurogamer forum and a couple of people are getting fed up with the same old stuff so it could be time for a change and Nintendo have been pretty good at capitalising on it.

I keep having dreams about how I could use a revolution controller :thumbsup:

:o

I keep having dreams about how I could use a revolution controller :thumbsup:

:o

My thoughts exactly.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

What, you mean it's not "a living entertainment experience powered by human energy that revolves around you and makes you at the center of your experience," like Peter Moore's vision of X360, Jim? For shame.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61492

I didn't know they could do that, I guess I'd better get one of those

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.