Installation trouble MAJOR

I have tried to isntall KOTOR 2 atleast 50 times nad it is not working. I put in disk 1 and everything loads fine, i put in disk to when it asks me to during installation and i click okay and then the program freezes or doesnt respond. i eject the cd and the setup responds again and it says cannot find the specified path and to make sure its the right cd, i put it back in and it does the same thing, i have to do an emergency abort. there is no scratches or prints on these cds, i have a really good pc that worked with kotor 1 and games far more hi tech. this has happened with my other cds. i need an easy step by step process of how to solve this from someone, i am getting desperate.

I'm not sure if this is the problem I used to have. I have changed everything in my computer lately, new mobo graphics acrd harddrive etc. and it works fine now. What you want to is when it says that there is an error please insert disk with file blah blah, take out the CD that is in the tray and put Disc one in and click continue, wait until the disc stops whirring away to do this as otherwise the installation will freeze. Then Once the new cd is in wait until that stops whirring before clicking continue, the installer should then come up with the message insert CD x and you just do this process evey time you get the error in the installation. That should install it properly and you will be set. If it doesn't I'll have a look for you at my old mobo and harddrive (I'm pretty sure that is where the problem lies, can't see why) - which I gave to my dad- and install the game on that setup and see what I used to do in the installation- it became instinctual actually. DO NOT CLICK ON RETRY though, it will freeze up.

Edited by Pavlos
StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play