Nar Shadaa

Greetings,

I'm pretty disappointed to say the least. To spend my money on an unfinished game. I went through my frist run of the game making the mistake of saving after initiating a bug on Telos when Atton and Keira don't go to their force cages and started again.

Now I got past Telos, did Dantooine just fine and have progressed to Nar Shadaa. I had the foresight this time to always have a save spot at the start of a planet so I don't have to restart my game.

I've encountered yet another bug where I cannot seem to progress in the game past the point where I retook my ship from the Red Eclipse. I can't go back in my ship and I don't get any message from to see Visquas like I did on the X-Box version.

Is this bug like the one on Telos where you have to do things in a certain order to not initiate it? I'm not technical enough to understand the solution that the other poster gave regarding this bug. I was hoping that there might be a way to bypass it somehow.

Thanks if anyone has a way to alieviate my suffering, as I like the game a lot. These bugs are just too annoying though.

P.S.

Shame on you obsidian for releasing a game with so many bugs in it.

Edited by Upsetone

Greetings,

I've encountered yet another bug where  I cannot seem to progress in the game past the point where I retook my ship from the Red Eclipse.  I can't go back in my ship and I don't get any message from to see Visquas like I did on the X-Box version.

Is this bug like the one on Telos where you have to do things in a certain order to not initiate it?  I'm not technical enough to understand the solution that the other poster gave regarding this bug.  I was hoping that there might be a way to bypass it somehow.

P.S.

Dont hate the player, hate the game. It was LucasArts choice to release the game early, causing cutbacks to material and the games performance. Obsidian had no choice in the matter. Why would you post a comment like that on Obsidians Forums?

Anyway, try going into the Jek Jek Tar even if Mira/Hannhar doesnt show up. Put on an item which prevents poison and try to go to the back of the bar, where you should meet visquis. If it doesnt let you then you might have to either think about saving in two slots on your next game or using a cheat program (KSE) to force the game to progress.

- We are all dissapointed at the games nearly unfinished state.

Did you buy the x-box and pc version of the game? Didnt quite understand that part

Edited by Akhan225

I borrowed my friends X-box and beat it on LS (without a single problem or bug),

Really enjoyed the game and had already beat the first one on my PC so I bought the second on my PC.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, but I still feel it's ridiculous to have to go to such great lengths to try and play a game. I mean The X-Box version might have been rushed, but I fail to see how the PC version could have been rushed because it was released after the X-box version of the game.

Also I posted on the obsidian technical support forum for obvious reasons... well at least I thought they were obvious.

I just hope they fix the damn game or their reputation will be tarnished whether Lucas Arts forced them to rush the game or not. No matter how good the meat of the game is, it's not fun to play with all these bugs.

In closing I did save it right as soon as I got off my ship on Nar shadaa... so even though I did that I'm still hooped? Or is there a certain order I can do events in to not get the bug?

Edited by Upsetone

You need to gain/lose enough influence with either the exchange or the seracco (However you spell it) in order to get the meeting with Visquis. You can ask the wierd little chirping guy near the entertainment area to put in a good word for you or tell them that you don't like them. Also you can either work for the Exchnage and crush the Serraco to gain influence with them or help the serraco and tell them to attack the Exchange. Either way this section isn't bugged people just don't seem to get what to do on Nar Shaddaa.

StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play

You need to gain/lose enough influence with either the exchange or the seracco (However you spell it) in order to get the meeting with Visquis. You can ask the wierd little chirping guy near the entertainment area to put in a good word for you or tell them that you don't like them. Also you can either work for the Exchnage and crush the Serraco to gain influence with them or help the serraco and tell them to attack the Exchange. Either way this section isn't bugged people just don't seem to get what to do on Nar Shaddaa.

If this were the case then he would still be able to enter the Ebon Hawk. I dont think it is possible to gain influence with the serocco. The only options are to kill them or convince them to that they have better things to do than bother the refugees.

None of those things helped at all, tried to search and only got an extremely complicated "Red Eclipse bug" search result.

Also the second one is for X-box bugs, not PC bugs.

I played the game through without a single problem on my friends X-box, which is why it's frustrating to be "stuck" on the PC version having it bug out on me twice in a row now where the game seems to be unprogressible.

Thank you all nonetheless for trying to help, I feel like I wasted $50 though.

Just one more thing; Have you downloaded any of the official patches for the game? :blink:

And yeah, a lot of us feel like that even without the bugs in the game :ph34r:

Edited by Petay

[No, I downloaded the one from the "update" tab on the launcher, but that's it.

I'm praying that they're working on fixing the game via. patches so that it'll eventually be playable or maybe helping find a way to step-by-step to get through Nar Shadaa, cause I'm assuming I'm not the only one that this has happened to.

Thanks again,

Greetings,

I'm pretty disappointed to say the least.  To spend my money on an unfinished game.  I went through my frist run of the game making the mistake of saving after initiating a bug on Telos when Atton and Keira don't go to their force cages and started again.

Now I got past Telos, did Dantooine just fine and have progressed to Nar Shadaa.  I had the foresight this time to always have a save spot at the start of a planet so I don't have to restart my game.

I've encountered yet another bug where  I cannot seem to progress in the game past the point where I retook my ship from the Red Eclipse.  I can't go back in my ship and I don't get any message from to see Visquas like I did on the X-Box version.

Is this bug like the one on Telos where you have to do things in a certain order to not initiate it?  I'm not technical enough to understand the solution that the other poster gave regarding this bug.  I was hoping that there might be a way to bypass it somehow.

Thanks if anyone has a way to alieviate my suffering, as I like the game a lot.  These bugs are just too annoying though.

P.S.

Yeah yeah we all know the game is imcomplete. Why must every one rub it in? Just appreciate the enormose potential that it has.

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

Now, now Angle, theres no need to flame a newb looking for help in the help section is there!? :)

Upsetone, all i can suggest now is to try it without the patch installed, as it has been known to cause a few problems as well as solve them :lol:.